Chapter Four

* Wednesday, September 14
* Taylor Johnson P.O.V

I got to school and walked down the hall when I kept hearing comments from everyone that went a little like, "Hey there's a new kid coming today." "yeah, that new student is coming today I think." or even a comment that was said, "I heard it's a boy. I hope he's cute."

I went over to Leilani and Devon who were talking about this new student too.

"Hey, have you heard about the new student?" Leilani asked while giving me a hug.

"Yup, been hearing it all morning. Kind of getting tired of it though." I said and took a sip of my Passion Fruit Tea from Starbucks.

"Oh well, I just hope the person is cool so we can hang out with them." Devon said.

"Yeah true." I said and walked to my locker.

I grabbed the books that I needed out of my locker and closed it. "I guess we'll just have to see." I said and smiled.
- - -

It was lunch time and Devon came running over to Leilani and I. Hunched over trying to catch his breath he started talking.

"Guys, the new kid is in my class. He wanted to meet you guys." Devon said still trying to catch his breath.

"Oh ok." Leilani said and I nodded.

"Yo Lucas!" Devon said and a guy that stands at, at least 5'10 or 6'ft came walking over.

"Oh shit." Leilani whispered to me. I laughed and hit her arm.

"What's up yall?" He said and smiled.

"I- I- I'm um... Taylor." I had a hard time saying. He smiled and repeated my name.

"I'm Leilani." She said smiled.

"Cool, I'm Lucas nice to meet yall." Lucas said and sat down beside me. "You mind if I sit next to you beautiful."

"Uh no. You can sit by me." I told him and looked away as he chuckled.

"Cool, I need help with my classes tomorrow. Maybe you can help me." He smiled and winked at me.

"Su-." I was about to say until one of the how do I put this "fast girls" of the school cut me off.

"Omg, are you the new student here. You are so cute. Why don't you come sit with me." I think her name was Jayla said.

"Uh, no thank you. I'll stay over here." Lucas said and turned back to me.

She gasped, "Whatever." She said, upset and stomped away.

"Anyway, sure I'll help you." I told him and he nodded.

"Dang, he just turned that girl down." Devon said laughing.

"Well yeah. What I look like giving in to some girl that's thirsty for attention. Like she don't even know me." Lucas said and Devon agreed.

"True." Devon said.
- - -
"Hey, so you know every Wednesday we have movie night at my house? I was thinking we could invite Lucas." I suggested to Leilani and Devon.

"Yeah I'm cool with it. I won't be the only guy this time." Devon said.

"Oh my gosh, this is going to be so much fun." Leilani said with a big smile on her face.

"Yeah if he says yes." I said.

"If who says yes." Lucas said walking up to us.

"Oh, Taylor was going to ask you something." Leilani blurted and I glared at her.

"Oh really?" He asked as his eyebrow raised.

"Yeah." I said turning around and looking up at him. He seemed to tower me so he looked down.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to come over. You know, we always have a movie night every Wednesday at my house. That's only if you want to though." I said to him.

He smirked, "Sure I'll come. Just text me the address and what time it starts." He said and gave me his number.

"O-okay." I said and smiled.