Chapter Two

~ The Same Day
~ Taylor Johnson P.O.V

I finally got to school and went to my locker. I grabbed my books that I needed for class and then spotted my best friends, Leilani and Devon. I walked over to them and gave them both hugs.

"What's up Tay?" Leilani asked with a smile.

"Nothing much, why are you so happy? Did something happen to you?" I asked her, laughing. Devon joined along.

"She started talking about this boy. I don't know, I tuned her out on the rest." Devon said and smiled.

Leilani hit his arm, "Really? I thought you were listening to me." She said and fake pouted.

"Nah, you thought wrong then. You know I don't listen to that stuff." Devon said and we both laughed.

"Just tell me when we're at lunch or something." I told her.

"Okay." Lani said and walked away because the bell rung.

"Bye Devvy, I'll see you at lunch." I told him and gave him a hug.

"Chill shorty. I already told you about that nick name." He said and cracked a small smile.

"Oh hush. You like it." I said and poked him.

"Yeah yeah, go to class." He laughed and walked away.

I think its sad we don't have any classes together. It would be more fun in classes if we did. I mean, I have one with Leilani but that's it. Just one.

Anyways, I got to class and sat down. I started writing the notes that were on the board.
- - -

It was finally lunch time. I met up with Leilani in the hallway and Devon came minutes later after talking to some girl. I think her name was Nicole but I don't know. We both gave Devon a hug and walked to the cafeteria.

"Class was boring. I hate that we don't have any classes together." I said and the two agreed.

We sat down at our table because we don't eat the school lunch. If we do eat, it's usually something out the vending machine.

"Hey Devon, who was that girl you were talking to?" Leilani asked him and I looked in my book bag for my wallet.

"Oh, that was some girl in my class. You know, just wanting to borrow notes." He said seeming kind of nervous.

I gasped, "Does Devvy have a crush on someone? Aw that's cute." I said and smiled.

"No, no, no. I do not like her. I don't really talk to her and I barely remember her name." Devon said and placed two dollar bills on the table.

"Yeah, right. I bet if she came over you'd remember her name." Lani said and placed down quaters.

If your wondering why we're laying money down on the table is because we're trying to see if we all have enough together to get snacks out the vending machine.

"W-why you say that?" Devon stuttered.

"Because she's walking over here now." Leilani said calmly and simple.

He shrugged and got up grabbing all the money and going to the vending machine. "Well okay then." I said.

We looked over at the girl he was talking to in the hallway and sure enough she was walking over to our table. When she saw him get up, she stopped in her tracks and turned back around. Wow, that must be embarrassing.

~Chapter 2 completed. Let me know how I did. Feedback is needed.

Do you think Devon really doesn't care about the girl he was talking to in the hallway?

Vote and Comment. Thanks.