Chapter Six

> Thursday Morning, September 15th
> Taylor Johnson P.O.V

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Lucas running towards me. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Hey beautiful." Lucas said and I laughed.

"Hi Lucas." I said and he put me back down.

I saw people looking at us, mostly girls that had jealous looks on their faces. I just looked away and up at Lucas. He smiled and grabbed my hand and we walked down the hall.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him, looking up at him.

He looked down at me and smirked. " 'Cause I get to see you." He said and I looked down.

"Yeah right." I said and opened my locker.

"I'm serious. Why you think I call you beautiful?" He asked leaning on the locker next to mine.

"To flirt." I laughed and he chuckled.

"Nah." Lucas said.

"Hey you guys." Leilani said walking up to us.

"Morning." Devon said and smiled.

"Okay, why is everybody so happy today?" I asked looking at Lucas and Devon.

"I already told you why beautiful." Lucas said and bit his bottom lip, giving me that look again.

"Oop." Leilani said and covered her mouth.

"You know that girl that was trying to talk to me. We talked and I'm taking her on a date." Devon said.

"Awe, Devvy growing up." I said, pinching his cheeks.

"I already told you about that name Tay." He whined and swatted my hands away.

"Oh hush. You like that name." I said and he laughed.
- - -

"So what's up with you and Lucas?" Leilani asked me sitting on my bed.

We were in my room and it was only us two because Devon was on his date and Lucas had to do something at home.

"Nothing really. I guess we're friends now." I said, looking at my phone.

"Yeah right. He calls you beautiful like it's your name. And why did he say he already told you why, this morning?" Leilani said.

It was true he did seem to call me beautiful like its my name. I laughed.

"Oh, because I asked him why was he so happy. He said because he gets to see me. I told him yeah right." I told her. "He asked me then, why do I think he calls me beautiful. I said to flirt."

She laughed. "Nah. Its more than that. I can tell. That look he gives you." She smirked.

"Right, it gives me chills." I said and laughed. Lani laughed along.

"You and that boy Kalvin. What's up?" I asked her and she stopped smiling.

"Oh, that date didn't go well. So, I no longer talk to him." Leilani said nonchalantly.

"Wow." I said and then my phone chimed.

I smiled and looked up at her. She smirked.

"Its Lucas isn't it?" Leilani asked me.

I nodded and looked at the text.

Lucas: Hey beautiful. I need help.
Tay: Hi wat u need help w/
Lucas: Chores
Tay: Really?
Lucas: Yeah pleeeeaaassseee
Tay: Okay okay. Lol send me the address
Lucas: Thanks beautiful

I looked up from my phone and looked at Lani. She raised her eyebrow at me and smiled.

"Looks like I'm going to Lucas house." I said and she smirked.

"Not like that. Nasty." I said and we both laughed.