Chapter Ten

~ Same Night
~ Taylor Johnson P.O.V

We were in the car still driving to wherever. I looked at Lucas and back at the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll see. Be patient." Lucas said. "It's a surprise."

"Fine." I said and turned up the radio. I grabbed the AUX cord and plugged it into my phone.

"You better have some good songs since you got the AUX cord. I swear, one thing about dating me. I have to be able to trust you with that shit." Lucas said.

"Wait back up. Dating you? Who said anything about dating you?" I asked him.

"I was saying in general." Lucas said and laughed. "And wait it's like that. What if I wanted to be with you? You wouldn't date me?" He asked.

"Trust me, I would. But, I didn't know we were there yet." I told him.

"Oh see you said 'yet' so that means you will if I asked you." Lucas said and looked at me.

"Whatever Lucas. You're trying to put words in my mouth." I said, laughing.

I tapped the song Just Another Interlude by Bryson Tiller. I started singing and Lucas joined along.

"That ain't my girl, that's my nigga." Lucas said pointing to me.

"Aye, catch me in the whip ridin' wit' her." I sung acting like I'm driving.

"Hey, sippin' somethin', bumpin' BIG 'Hypnotize' wit' her." Lucas sung back.

"You into everything I'm into." I sung.

"Say you gotta work from 3 to 9, oh." Lucas sung again.

"I'll get you home by a decent time." I sung.

"Wait, fuck yo' bed you can sleep in mine, yeah." Lucas sung and gave me that look again.

I looked at him and laughed. "Quit playing Lucas." I told him.

"Alright I'll stop. Change the song." He told me. I changed the song to Anything by Natasha Mosely.

"Oh my gosh. Not this." He laughed.

"Hush, I like this song." I said. "Anything she can do, I can do better. I bet you. Nigga I bet you." I sung pointing to Lucas.

He smiled and shook his head. "You're crazy Taylor." He said. I looked at him like he lost his mind.

"What you just say?" I asked him.

"I said You're crazy Taylor." Lucas repeated.

"My name is beautiful to you. You've never said my name, name before. You call me beautiful all the time that you say it like its my name." I said and he held his hands up.

"My bad lil mama." He said and grabbed my hand.

"I'm kidding. But for real. I never heard you say Taylor until now." I told him, holding his hand and looking at him.

"I know." He said, letting go and turning. "We're here."

He parked the car, turned it off, and got out. He came to my side and opened the door for me. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the door. He held it open and I walked in and him behind me.

"Reservations for Coly." Lucas said and grabbed my hand again.

"Right this way." The waiter said and lead us to a table outside.