[8] leaving

Chapter 8

*Tab Pov*

It's been a week since I got engaged and Derek has been told he is being shipped off to Afghanistan tomorrow. This is a surprise to all of us because he still had a month till he was meant to be going. I've been with the girls a lot this week and Als has skyped Niall a few times and I was there once. Niall seems really nice and all they both do is eat in front of the camera the whole time! They are so cute together!

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hey babe, I've just got a phone call from Bill, my boss in the Front line and I'm need to leave tonight. Can you come over?"

"Yeah sure, I'll just leave Als now."

"Bye, I love you"

I look over to Aly teary eyed and a small whimper escapes my lips.

"I need to go hun, I'll see you later." I manage to squeak out between sobs.

"Come on Hun, tell me what's wrong?"

"Derek has to leave for the army tonight" I said as I broke down into tears. Als pulls me into a big hug and rubbed my back in a friend way to calm me down. Surprisingly it worked.

"You will be fine, go home, spend time with him then take him off and come and stay the night at mine after. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay" I say my voice deep from crying.

"I'll see you tonight. I'll have a pepperoni dominos pizza ordered for when you get here."

A small smile escapes my lips. This girl knows me to well. Wiping the stained makeup from my eyes I gave one last hug to my best friend and walked down the hallway to the front door and let myself out. Getting into my grey Mini Cooper, I drove away at full speed not caring I sped, getting home as quickly as possible. When I ran into the house the first thing I saw was Derek's small green army bag laying across the floor. At the sight of this I burst into tears. Kneeling to the floor I had a break down. I only realised I was still on the floor until I pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Knowing these arms belonged to Derek a small smile escaped my lips. Turning around I saw a tear stained Derek that looked broken and I had never seen him like this. As we looked at each other we both pulled into each other for a hug. My face resting on his chest. Yes I'm short! The silence was comfortable.

*Als Pov*

It was horrible to see my best friend like this. Out of everything that she had gone through she had never been like this. She was a state, a wreck. Picking up my phone I ordered mine and Tabs favourite pizza. Pepperoni! A couple of minutes later I heard the door bell ring. I opened the door to see a tear stained Tab. I enveloped her into a big bear hug and let her cry her heart out onto my pink tank top.

"He didn't evennnn saayyy byyyyyeeee withh outt annnyyy emotionnn. It was like he didn't caaarrreeeee." Show whimpered. At the last sentence I froze and my body tensed. Tab must of noticed this as she looked up with question written over her face. I swear to god if he hurts Tab once this will not end well. Trust me on that one.

(~)~)

~littleirishcutie, xox