Petie

"So sweetie, now you have an invisible friend?" asked her father when he opened the front door and caught her talking to herself.   "No Dad, I was just thinking out loud." said Mandy   "Thinking about what?" asked her father  "Nothing you'll understand." said Mandy sounding a little depressed  "All right then, your dinner is on the table.  I'm stepping about for a couple of hours.  Don't wait up for me." said Her father   

"I'm not hungry," she said as she walked by her father and headed upstairs.  "Mandy, sweetie are you alright?" asked her father.   "I never been better," she said in a  depressing tone.  "Do you want me to stay and maybe we can have a talk about what's bothering you?" asked Her father   "No Dad, I'll be fine.  Go have fun for both of us." said Mandy as she continued climbing the stairs.  "I wonder.  She must have gotten in trouble again.  I'll find out tomorrow, for I'm sure the teacher will be calling me." her father thought to himself as he walked out of the door.

Mandy went straight up to her bedroom and throw herself on the bed and look up at the ceiling.  "Wow the only friend I found and I blow it, I so dumb sometimes.   He wanted me to change and be good.  But he doesn't understand that is hard to change.  Anyway, let me take a shower and go to bed.  Maybe tomorrow he won't be angry anymore."Mandy said to herself

Then Mandy got ready for bed.  It took her a while to fall asleep.  Then she finally fell right out.

The following day, Mandy's father was already up and waiting for Mandy in the Kitchen.  First thing in the morning he received a phone call from the school about her behavior and bad mouth.  Mandy had forgotten all about her bad deeds in school.  All she can think of was about Petie, was he coming back or not.  So she got ready for school, then proceeded downstairs. 

"Young lady, come in here and sit!'said her father with a very angry look on his face.  "Oh, shit!  I've forgotten," she slipped and said it out loud   "Oh shit, who showed you how to talk like that.  What happened in school yesterday?" asked Her father   "The teacher already told you,  what do you need from me?" said Mandy   Her father stood shocked, Mandy didn't deny anything.  Something must really be wrong with her, she must be really sick.  I was waiting to hear her favorite word, "No Dad I didn't do it.  Instead, she said the truth.  God, now I'm confused."He thought to himself.

"There's breakfast ready for you.  Do you want a ride to school?" he asked    "No I rather walk, thanks anyway Dad." replied Mandy   Mandy father stopped her in her tracks, "Come here Mandy, are you feeling alright? You're making me a little worry." said Her Dad  "I'm fine, I have to go now, or else I'll be late. Can we finish talking when I get home?" said Mandy   "Sure, we'll talk later. Bye sweetie." he said  "Bye Dad", said Mandy while walking out the door.    "Shit, that was something out of the twilight zone.  Mandy never ever says thank you to me.  Shit, I'm confused.  Maybe she just learned the definition.  Whatever is wrong with her, I hope the words thank  you to stay in her vocabulary." Mandy father spoke to himself as he watched  Mandy disappear down the road.