Chapter 31

*A Week later*
Midnight's P.O.V
I hold Seto's hand tight in mine. He is asleep right now in a hospital bed. His birthday is tomorrow. So he is gonna die tomorrow. The recruits don't know about this, they think Seto got really sick from magic or something like that. I said I would be by his side till the end and I'm going to be. The door opens and it's Jason. I pick up my head from laying on the bed and look at him. The fact he lost his voice kind of makes it harder to talk to him.

I mean he can't tell someone to shut up if they won't stop talking. That has to be the worst part of it all.

"Hey Jason." I said. He smiles a little at me and comes next to me. I lay my head back down on my arms. Even though he can't speak anymore, I just feel better with him being here. I look at Seto. We did a lot this week, but before he started to get really sick. I'll always remember that from him. No one can replace Seto. No one. He'll always have a special place in my heart. Everyone does come in every now and then. The thought of the recruits getting the news about Seto tomorrow is heartbreaking.

No one can get mad at Seto. You can't even try. He is so sweet and nice. You'll just feel bad for even being mad at him. J feel Seto's hand hold mine. I look up seeing him waking up.

"Hey." I said. Seto looks at me.

"Hey." He said. He looks at Jason. "Hey Jason." I stand up a little.

"Jason can we?" I ask. Jason nods and leaves. I look at Seto.

"Come here." He said. I crawl onto the bed and put my head on his shoulder. I feel his arm around me.

"Tomorrow-"

"I know. You guys were the best years of my life. Especially you." He said. I kiss his cheek.

"Will this happen to me?" I ask.

"No. Only happens to born Light Sorcerers and Sorceresses. This won't happen to you." He said softly. I move my arms around his neck. He was my light that helped me through a dark tunnel. I got friends that couldn't get on my own because of him. Always made me smile everyday, even if I didn't want to. I put my hand on his chest. He kisses my forehead and I smile. I feel like the doctor should know what is really going on, but sickness would be better then old age to them. I snuggle in against his side, burying my face into the side of his neck.

*The Next Day*

I open my eyes feeling his hand in mine. I put my hand on the side of his neck, still feeling a pulse. I smile. But today is the day. I see Alex, Ghost, and Alikai here. I look at them.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"8:35 am." Alex said. I feel his arm move. I move off the bed and sit in my chair. His eyes open.

"Hey guys." He said.

"Hey." Ghost and Alikai said. He looks at me. I hold his hand. He smiles a little at me. I feel tears form in the back of my eyes. I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I don't think I can manage that.

We all talk for a while, they soon leave. Leaving me and Seto alone. I stand up and sit on the bed, still holding his hand. I kiss his lips and he kisses me back. I look at him.

"I love you." I said as tears start falling down my face. He loses his smile. He sits up, groaning in pain, and hugs me.

"I love you too Midnight." He said. The doctor is gonna come in for a checkup at any moment. Seto lays back down. I sit in my chair, and hold his hand.

"I'll be right here the entire time." I said. Seto smiles at me. The doctor and a nurse come in. I look at them and then at Seto. They have no idea what's about to happen. Seto coughs. I grip his hand. I get up and hug him as he starts to have a coughing fit. He grips my hands. "I'm right here." The doctor and nurse are trying to do something so Seto is alright but they can't fix this. I look into Seto's eyes. A tear falls down my face and hits his cheek. I see him smile a little. I return the smile.

"B-Bye sweetie." He said. More tears come.

"Bye." I said. I kiss his forehead. I hold his hand tight. Then his eyes close and his hand looses it's grip on mine. I bite back my bottom lip. I let go of his hand as tears fall down my face. I drown out the doctor and nurse. I hug Seto one last time before they finally pull me off him. I look at him before they push me into the hallway. I look at Alex, Mitch, Ghost, and Alikai. Mitch hugs me, which I hug him back. I put my head on his shoulder.

"You did everything you could for him." He said quietly. I squeeze my eyes shut. I grip his hoodie in my hands as tears come down my face.

"I..I know." I said.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
I was gonna put sad music to this...but I thought that would be too mean for those who cry easy. Sad chapter I know....but as tragic as it is this story is not over yet!

One more chapter to go...yep..next chapter is gonna be the last. So it might be extra long then normal cause I really am just trying to end this series like right now.

Eleven books and I have had enough of the Sky Army Series. There will be no book twelve! You guys can make that if you want but I'm about done with this series. I don't hate this series, I love it, it's just I'm just so goddamn tired of it.

But I might write epilogues after chapter 32 comes out. I don't know. I probably will cause you all will be saying how much you want them...

RIP Seto! Yes he is dead, he is not coming back...in this series anyway

RIP Jerome as well.. Poor Bacca.

Thanks so much for the support for the series over the past I think two years? Or one. No it is one. I started this when I was 15. So yeah thanks so much. Hope you enjoyed the series!

And next week comes the last chapter for Sky Army Series.....

(i just imagine saying the last line in a deep creepy voice...idk)

BBYYYYEEEE!! :)