#50 A Cousins Love (Modern)

Trigger Warning:

Summary:

Word count:

"Stop! Ow! Please!" Hayden 'Hiccup' Haddock pleaded as he laid on the floor, bloody and bruised, after school hours. Above him stood Daniel 'Drago', Alan 'Alvin', Damion 'Dagur' and Eric 'Eret'. "Shut up Useless!" Drago said as he kicked Hiccup again, Alvin following his lead.

Ever since Hiccup could remember, he had been smaller and weaker then everyone else. Drago, Avin, Eret and Dagur, Also know as The Terrible Four, had bullied Hiccup and other weak victums since they were 6.Dagur and Eret never wanted to be a part of the bullying group, but they had to as Dagur and Eret were best friend and would never go anywhere without each other, and Dagur was Drago's cousin. Secretly, those two would go up to the person who Alvin and Drago had beaten up and help them.

Drago nodded at Dagur and Eret. They sighed quietly, knowing what was going to happen.  Carefully, they picked Hiccup up by the arms, making sure not to hurt him anymore then he already was. 'Sorry' Dagur and Eret mouthed when Alvin and Drago were looking away. Hiccup smiled a small smile at them. Knowing they hated doing this and would never actually hurt anyone.

Turing back to the three, Drago punched Hiccup straight in the stomach while Alvin went to his left leg. Alvin brought his hand back immediately after punching Hiccup's leg and held it in pain hissing a bit, his finger probably broken. "What?" Drago hissed.

Alvin reached his other hand that didn't have a broken figure and felt Hiccup's left leg. But to his surprise, it was rock hard and felt almost metal. "What the..." He mumbled then pulled the trouser leg up to Hiccup's knee and they all gasped, Drago and Alvin evilly, while Dagur and Eret gasping horrified.

"Thor almighty.... How did you do that Useless? Or was it us and oour last beating before the summer?" Drago questioned as Hiccup didn't say a word, only looking down as the ground became somehow more interesting then looking at Drago and Alvin.

Before Drago could say anything more, big, heavy, loud footsteps were heard down another corridor, slowly making their way to where they were. Quickly, Drago and Alvin rushed out of the school like the wimps they were.

Eret and Dagur sighed in relief as Hiccup wouldn't get hurt anymore by them today and carefully placed him back on the floor. Dagur and Eret bent down, handing Hiccup a slip of paper with their numbers on. "Call us if you need any help" The both said at the same time, smiling slightly at Hiccup before Walking off the opposite way Drago and Alvin went.

~*~*~*~

"I'm telling you, Snotlout! Berk is off the north west of Scottland! You should know this! We live in Berk!" Fishlegs argued with Snotlout,  one of his close friend who was failing in geography, while walking down the school halls after working on a project in the library . "No it isn't! It's south of Australia! " Snotlout argued back as they turned a corner down through more hallways. When they turned the corner they saw someone lying on the floor in pain and two people run around the corner.

"Hiccup?!!" Snotlout shouted as he realised it was his cousin who it was lying on the floor in pain. "Call Mayor Stoick and Head-teacher Valka!!!" Snotlout shouted to Fishlegs as he was half way to where Hiccup was. As soon as he reached Hiccup he knelt down next to him.

Looking Hiccup up and down for any injuries, his eyes landed on Hiccups left leg where the clump of metal was. "H-Hiccup, What happened?" he asked, looking at the metal

Hiccup sighed painfully, knowing he had to tell Snotlout why he has a metal leg prosthetic. Only one other person knew about his prosthetic and that was Gobber because he picked him up from the school that day and took him to the hospital. His own mother and father didn't even know. He didnt know how to tell them. He had just told his father he was at a friends all summer to which Stoick and Valka agreed at over the phone, but he was actually in Hospital most of the time.

"Before summer..." was all he could weaze out before his face scrunched up in pain and pressed his hand on his ribs, signalling that when Drago had punched him, he had cracked ot broken Hiccup's ribs.

"Oh Hiccup...." Was all Snotlout said before taking Hiccup by surprise and hugging him carefully, avoiding all his injuries. Hiccup hesitated at first before wrapping one of his free arms, that wasn't clutching his ribs in pain, around Snotlout as he let a few tears fall down his face.

They pulled away from the hug and Snotlout looked Hiccup in the eye. "If you ever need me, or need to speak to me about something, I will always be there. You're my baby cousin, I'll always be there for you" Snotlout said hugging Hiccup again. "You are only older by two months..." Hiccup said to which they both slightly chuckled at.

Big, Heavy, pounding footsteps and slightly lighter footsteps were heard heading their way. They turned to see Valka, Hiccup's mother the school principle, and Stoick, Berk mayor and Hiccup's father, staring in shock at Hiccup on the floor. "Hiccup...." they both mumbled at the same time before running down to him, Valka slightly faster then Stoick.

"Hiccup, What happened?" Valka asked, not noticing the metal prosthetic as Stoick knelt down as well next to Hiccup and Valka. "Drago and Alvin happened..." Snotlout snarled, taking a wild and very accurate guess as Alvin and Drago were the only people in the school which could cause this much damage to a person.

"H-H-Hiccup...." Valka said in fear and shock, her breath catching on her throat. "Val?! What's wrong?" Stoick asked, curious and scared of why she was finding it harder to speak. "H-Hiccup's leg!" She shouted burying her head into Stoick's chest as he wrapped his arms around her confused. "What about Hiccup's leg.... Oh Thor!" He said as he looked down at Hiccup's leg, finally noticing what happened.

"Oh my boy..." He said as he pulled Hiccup into a bone crushing hug as he  switched from between in and out of consciousness. "Oh my precious Hiccup...." Valka mumbled as she hugged both Stoick and Hiccup tightly as Hiccup finally dropped out of consciousness.

Snotlout smiled at scene of the happy little family. He just whished that he could have a family like that and that was when his smile faded. The only reason that Snotlout bullied Hiccup when he was younger was because he was jealous of him and how he had both parents. When Snotlouts mother ,Linya, had died back when he was 9, his father and his never talked to each other and that reflected on his personality. When he was around 14 he got a grip of his emotions and changed everything he did. But still, he and his father didn't talk much and when they did it was his father, Spitelout wanting Snotlout to become a professional wrestler and follow in his footsteps which often lead to a long argument and Snotlout leaving for a few days and crashing at Hiccup or Fishleg's place.

Stoick looked up from the hug and noticed Snotlout's frown and a single tear fall down his face. Stoick whipped an eye before pulling Snotlout into the hug. "U-unkle" Snotlout stammered as he was pulled in. "Shut up and stop complaining. You're family. You're like another son" Stoick said as Snotlout smiled the first real big smile he had smiled in years.

----------------
Originally Published: 4th September 2016

Edited: 11th June 2017

-Rose 🌹