#36 How it Started (pt 1)

Trigger Warning: secrets? Jealousy?

Summary: Astrid loves Hiccup, but when Heather comes to Berk, things start to stir and secrets are revealed.

Word count: 950

"Come on Hiccup!" Astrid said dragging him to the Berk docks. A boat had arrived and everyone know exactly who it was. "Okay, okay. Slow down!" He laughed catching up to her pace. A big smile was spread on her face as one of their friends came into the docks.

"Heather!!!!!!" Astrid shouted as soon as she came to the docks. As soon
As Heather boarded off the boat Astrid hugged her tightly. "Astrid!!" She said in reply and hugged her back. As soon as the pulled away from the hug, Heather noticed that it was unusually quiet.

"Where is everyone?" She asked. "Most of the adults are out on a boat trip, Fish, Snot and the twins are down at the academy and Hiccup is over by the stairs." As soon as she heard his name, Heathers head snapped to where Hiccup was and blushed then looked down, confusing Astrid and Hiccup who was watching them two.

"Hiccup! Come on! We're bringing Heather to the academy!" Astrid shouted getting Hiccups attention and he made his way over. There was an awkward silence for a few minutes until Heather spoke up. "Hey Hiccup" she said flirtatiously, batting her eyes and blushing. "Um, hey?" He asked back confused.

If you looked close you could see Astrid's hand had formed a fist and her eyes were full of jealousy. She glared at anything in front of her until they came the academy, not wanting to listen to Heathers horrible flirting. She had always had a crush on the one legged Viking, she just hasn't told him as she was too scared to get rejected and ruin their friendship.

As soon as they entered the academy all eyes snapped towards the three. But as soon as they saw Astrid angry they all took a step back, even the twins. "Um... W-who angered A-Astrid?" Asked Fishlegs timidly. Only then did Hiccupnotice she was angry. She rolled her eyes and stormed out. Hiccup was going to go after her but Heather stopped him.

"Don't! Maybe she just needs some time alone" she said and pushed Hiccup lightly back. He sighed but slowly nodded. When no one was looking Heather smiled a sneaky and sly smile. "Part one, is done. Now for part two of my plan" she mumbled to herself. "What was that?" Asked Hiccup who had miraculously (😁😝) heard her. "Oh! Nothing!" She replied running over to him, not noticing Ruff sneer at her as she passed.

"I um... I'm gonna go find Astrid... See if she's okay" Ruff said, making an excuse, which wasn't too much of a lie, to leave. They all nodded their heads and she ran out of the academy to the woods where she knows Astrid likes to throw her axe when she wants to get away.

"Astrid! Astrid!!" She screamed into the woods. She groaned then continued walkin. "Astri-Ahhhh! Please don't kill me!" She begged as Astrid's axe landed next to her head. "Ruff?" Astrid questioned her. "What is it?" She asked again. "I want to know why you ran out!" Ruff demanded. Astrid sighed, knowing that Ruff is going to force her to tell. "Iwasjealousandilovehiccup" she said quickly and whispered.

"What was that?" Asked Ruff, trying to get Astrid to speak up so she could understand her. "Iwasjealousandilovehiccup" she said again, this time normally but still rushing what she said. "Sorry, I didn't catch that"

"I WAS JEALOUS AND I LOVE HICCUP!!!!" She shouted. As soon as she said that she sighed and slouched down a tree. Ruff sat next to her and gestured for her to continue.

"I got jealous. I have always loved Hiccup, even before we lived with dragons. He is just so Creative, so Kind, so Talented, so caring, so... Loving" she trailed of for she loved him more than you could think.

"Why haven't you told him?" asked Ruff, curious to why her friend hasn't shared her feelings. "I'm scared." Astrid said looking down. "Scared of what?" Ruff questioned yet again.

"Scared that... he doesn't love me the way I love him..." This shocked Ruff. She always thought that Astrid was the tough girl, the girl who is perfect, the girl all the boys want, the girl who is strong, who doesn't need a boy, yet here she is, sat on the floor, scared that the boy she loves doesn't love her back.

"He does" Ruff said after a minute of silence. "What?" asked Astrid confused. "He does love you, y'know" She said getting Astrid's attention.

"I've seen how he looks at you, how he acts around you, how he used to stutter around you, how he wants to spend time with you, how he Loves you" Ruff said. "All you need to do is return his feelings"

"So you telling him or not?" asked Ruff with a playful smile. Astrid smiled at her then nodded. "Yes" she said as she stood up and offered a hand to Ruff and pulled her up.

"You do realise that when this is over I'm going to tease you so bad right?" asked Ruff to which Astrid laughed. "Oh I can already see it coming" she said laughing as they walked towards the village.

To Be Continued...
----------------------------
Originally Published: 17th May 2016

Edited: 11th June 2017

So this will have a couple of parts but, I got this idea from BansheeRunner14 when I DM her unlike some people!!!!

Yeah but thank you BansheeRunner14
I may tweak a few bits but thanks SOOO much!!!

-Rose🌹