#13 Dear Hiccup

Trigger Warnings: death, main character death, grieving family, NOT SO CRAPPY WRITING BUT DO CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Summary: something had happened which lead to Astrid writing letters to someone who will probably never respond.

Word count: 600

'Dear Hiccup,

We miss you, why did you have to leave?

Toothless hasn't been the same. He barely ever eats, and he is always sitting in the cove at the same place everyday.

Freya turned 6 today. She asked when you were coming back and I didn't know how to reply.

Arrak is 15 now, he said he misses you. He always locks himself in his room and cries.

I miss you. Will you come back. I want to see your dorky lopsided grin, just ONE more time. I want to feel your soft auburn hair. I want to here your soothing words, loving words, caring words, even if it is just for a few seconds.

Gobber consumes himself in work every day at the forge.

Ruff and Snot had a kid, named Kyla. Fishlegs and heather had twins named Hope and Luck. Tuff took in an orphan named Damien.

We all miss you.

Why did you leave me with two children to look after.

Your mother is ill and can barely walk anymore. She only has a few weeks left.

Arrak has a dragon now, Stormfly and Toothless' hatchling who is a DeadlyFurrie. He is named whirlwind. He has dark blue wings, a NightFurie head with small spikes at the top of his head and his Tala Fin is replaced by the deadly Nadder spines.

Most people have given up hope on you, but I haven't. Please come back.

Visit your daughter.

Visit your son.

Visit your friends.

Visit your dying mother.

Visit me, your wife...

I know you will never read this and it tears me to shreds that I can't be in your arms but promise me you will always love me.

When I last saw you 6 years ago, I regret running away from you because I hated seeing you like that.

I want to go back in time and be there.

I want to here you say those 3 words one more time.

"I love you"

I want to here you say it.

I am now taking the roll of Chiefess and Arrak is helping me slightly. Valka would but she is ill.

I can barely look at Freya. A spitting image of you. Auburn hair, green eyes, small frame, even a scar on her chin.

I miss you. I need you. I want you. We need you. Your family needs you. Your village needs you.

I know you left protecting all of us but what did we do to deserve you to be taken away.

Love
Your wife, Astrid XXXX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dear Hiccup

Why did you die?

Love
Your wife, Astrid XXXX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Astrid folded up both the letters and brought them outside. She lifted the letters in the air then picked up a torch.

She set the letters next to the flame and the letters burned into ashes, drifting away in the wind until there was nothing left.

"I love you Hiccup" she whispered into the wind.

'I love you too M'lady' the wind almost spoke.

-------------------------
First Published: 15th February 2016

Edited: 22nd May 2016

-Rose🌹