#41 Dance (Modern Crossover)

Trigger Warning: bossy dance teacher?

Summary: After dance class, some secrets are revealed.

Word count: 1500

"Left kick! Right kick! Step ball change! Bounce! Kick higher! Keep those legs straight Hofferson! Haddock, be more enthusiastic! And back hand spring people! Cut! Cut, cut, CUT!" Mrs Julie, the Berk National Dance Squad teacher, said to her 15-17 year old dance group. She pressed the pause button on the remote to the speakers and everyone stopped what they were doing.

"Gather round!" She demanded as everyone made their way over and crowded around. "That was... Awful! The turns were off, the timing was horrible and nothing was sharp enough! The Archipelago National Competition is in 7 days! You better tidy up on this routine or I will kick you from your place in the BNDS (Berk National Dance Squad)!! Now from the top!" She said as everyone listened to what she said then groaned going back to their starting positions before Mrs Julie started the music again from the beginning.

"And Left Kick, Right Kick, Spin, Pirouette, Leap, And down and rise, solo parts, and lift, Link arms, and lean and lean and right leg in the air! Thorston, Beserk! Point your toes!!!..."

~*~*~

"Ugh! She's killing me!" Astrid moaned exiting the dance studio 4 hours later with her best friends Heather, Elsa, Merida, Punzie and Ruff who were in the same lesson. "I know! Is she purposely trying to be mean to us or something?!?" Ruff shouted, throwing her head back and gulping down her water.

"Well would you rather me be mean or you get kicked of the BNDS Thorston? Your decision" Said Mrs. Julie walking past them and out the door, surprising them where she had come from. "Why does she call us by our surnames? Hello! We were given first names for a reason! To not be called by our second names or surnames!" Ruff rambled off, confusing herself and Elsa, Astrid, Merida, Punzie and Heather.

A beep of a phone was heard and Ruff looked at her phone. "That's my bro. He's waiting. Bye girls!" Ruff said running off as the other four returned her goodbyes. "Thor, why are we even her friend?" Asked Heather making them all chuckle. "I don't even know..." Elsa said as they started walking home as they all lived on the same street.

"Seeing as Ruffs not here to spill our secrets... Let's talk about boys" Heather said giggling, making the others groan in annoyance and causing Heather to giggle even more. "Please! Just because Fishlegs is your boyfriend, doesn't mean you need to pester us about getting one!" Moaned Merida as Heather giggled a bit more.

"Whatever, but Punzie, who would look good with Elsa?" Asked Heather as Elsa blushed a bright red and took her hair down from her high ponytail into a lose braid over her right shoulder. "Um... How abound that Hans guy?" Asked Punzie to which all of them scrunched up their faces to. "No way! He was my sister psycho ex who wanted to kill me to get next in line to Arendale industry! Not happening!" Elsa said shaking her head violently.

"Okay, what about Frost boy in dance?" Asked Heather and As the other three nodded. The girls turned to Elsa who was bright red and speeding ahead of them. "You like Frost!!!" Punzie shouted running up and hugging Elsa. "NoIdon't" Elsa said quickly trying to get out of Punzie's death grip. "Yes you do!!" Heather said.

"Okay, maybe I do... But Astrid Loves Haddock!!!!!!!!" Elsa said As the tables turned and Astrid turn bright red. "Mayor Stoick and Principle Valka's Son? The really popular guy who attend our school and dance?!? One of Fishlegs friends?!?!Your other Best Friend?!?!?!?! Ahhhh!!! I'm having a Hiccstrid Fangirl attack!!!" Heather said.

Merida and Punzie laughed at Heather going into full fangirl mode before walking off together, not wanting to get involved in what was going to come up. They both lived on a different street so they had to go a different way.

Astrid turned a darker shade of red if it was even possible and looked down at the ground as it suddenly became interesting. Astrid looked behind Elsa and smirked.

"I'll admit I like him... If Elsa shouts out she's in love with Frost!" Astrid said smiling and giggling like a madwoman inside her head. "Ok then... I LOVE FROST BOY!!!!!" Elsa screamed out as both Heather and Astrid laughed at how clueless and obvious she was. Elsa looked at them confused and she heard a thud from behind her. She looked back but shrugged when no one or nothing was there, little knowing that Hayden 'Hiccup' Haddock and Jack Frost were watching behind a bush.

"Told ya.." Hiccup whispers to a frozen with shock Jack. Hiccup had known all along that Elsa liked- wait no, Loved Jack and luckily, he returned the same feelings. "... She... She.... She...." Jack trailed of speechless for one of the first times in his life as he was always talking, making stupid not funny puns or teasing someone about something. "Well... Now you know here feelings... go tell her yours!!!!" Before Jack could speak he was pushed out of the bush and behind the girls, landing with a big thud.

The girls turned to him surprised but smirking as Elsa blushed as she held her hand out for him. "A-are you o-okay?" Elsa stuttered, due to her nervousness. "Y-yeah..." He said accepting her gesture and taking her hand, getting pulled up by her. "S-so w-what are you d-doing h-here" she stuttered, trying it hard to talk to her crush.

"Oh, I-i wanted to t-tell you something..." Jack trailed off while Elsa nodded her head, motioning for him to continue, unaware of the giggling girls behind her back and muffled laughs from Hiccup behind the bush. "Would... Would... You like... To... To go on a... A... Date with me!?" He said closing his eyes expecting her to slap him for asking her out like he had seen her do to other people who have asked her out. Instead he heard a gasp and opened his eyes.

"Yes!!!" She said jumping up and down like a crazy woman and hugging him, him hesitantly wrapping his arms around her and burying his face into her braid over her shoulder to stop both Hiccup and the Girls see him blushing. They pulled away and Elsa kissed him on the cheek, making him turn an almost impossible darker shade of red.

"JELSA!!!!!!" Heather screamed, ruining the perfectly good moment and running away in a Fangirls mess. As soon as she was out of sight she jumped behind a bush and crept back to the site. As she came closer she saw Hiccup red in the face from laughing and behind the bush.

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" She whisper screamed at him, wondering why he was stalking her and her friends. "Well who did you think pushed Jack out there?" He asked whispering as Heather sat next to him. A smirk came upon her face as an evil idea came into her head. "And now it's my turn to play match maker..." She said confusing Hiccup. "Wha-?" He started but was quickly cut off by being pushed out of the bush and landing on the floor in front of the three.

"Umm... Hi?" He said, more like a question as Jack laughed at him. "Looks like the tables have turned mate" Jack said as Hiccup groaned, resting his head on the cold, sidewalk. He looked up and Astrid extended a hand to him which he took and was pulled up by her. She blushed a little as Hiccup was so close to her. If one of them shuffled forward, even a little bit, their lips would touch.

Inside Hiccups head he was debating with himself:
Should I?
No! It'd ruin our friend ship!
But I'm this close..
Don't care!
Shut up!
No! Don't kiss her!!
I'm gonna kiss her!
Don't you - !

And with that he wrapped his arms around her waist and smashed his lips into hers

-------------------

Originally Published: 27th June 2016

Edited: 11th June 2017

-Rose 🌹