#20 Scared

Trigger Warnings: Panic attack I guess? Scared. HICCSTRID. CRAPPY WRITING!!!! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!!!!

Summary: Fishlegs finds a new Dragon Eye lese which triggers a few memories.

Word Count: 450

"Hiccup!" Fishlegs shouted running into the club house where the rest of teens were eating their dinner. "Yes Fishlegs?" Asked Hiccup as he turned his head to him and so did the other teens.

"I found another dragon eye lense! It was on dragon island by one of the wrecked ships" he said showing him a lens with a red tinted colour while mixed with a grey colour. Fishlegs handed Hiccup the lens who then took the dragon eye and put it in.

"Light it up bud" Hiccup said. The picture just came up but no one got a good look at what it was apart from Hiccup and Toothless. Both dragon and Rider were stiff with shock and... Fear?

"Hiccup? What is it?" Asked Fishlegs Hiccup handed the eye with the lens in it to Fishlegs "you do it" he said walking over to Toothless confusing everyone.

Fishlegs nodded then stood the eye up so it was positioned looking at the wall. He signalled for Meatlug to light it up and the dragon did so. As it appeared and all the riders saw it they gasped.

As soon as they gasped they heard a chair tip over and a plate smash on the floor. They all turned to Hiccup who was crying into Toothless. "Turn it off!" Astrid demanded to Fishlegs who didn't know about Hiccup. "But there is do much we could-" "TURN IT OFF!!!" She shouted at him. He gulped and did so. "Why did you want me to-" he was cut of by quite crying.

Fishlegs looked over to where the noise was coming from and saw Hiccup crying into Toothless side. He looked so vulnerable, so... Weak.. Astrid rushed up to Hiccup and comforted him while he cried into Toothless.

"Hey what's wrong?" She asked. He looked at her with tears streaming down his face "that dragon, took away my leg. It controlled dragons. It nearly killed me and Toothless and it nearly killed all of you. I still get nightmares from it. It is what scares me the most" he said. Astrid looked at him then hugged him as he cried into her shoulder.

Fishlegs looked down in disappointment. 'How could he not realise? Was that why hiccup told him to do it? How did he not know sooner? We're the thoughts that ran through his mind.

All the teens looked at their leader, their friend, the bravest one in the group cry on the floor looking so vulnerable.

-----------------------------

Originally Published: 5th March 2016

Edited: 30th May 2017

-Rose🌹