Wake Up

Pain, that's all Jin could describe, a terrible pain moving through his head. The more conscious he became the more pain he felt. The most noticeable was his head, his arms, and his wrists. He  heard silent cries, they came from a familiar voice. He struggled to keep his eyes open and couldn't fully tell when they were. It was dark, he could make out a few boxes, maybe a metal shelf? Jin remembered the crying and looked around him, his son. He felt panic as he saw his son clinging to his mother, his motionless mother. He immediately tried to move, but it was futile. His hands were bound behind him and he struggled to get of the floor and, at least, sit straight. His mind was coming back, but slowly. He had to help his son, he had to.

"JJ..?"

The little boy looked up and around until his eyes fixated on Jin.

"Dad...?"

Jin hushed him, he couldn't remember why they had to stay quiet, but Jin was sure it was important. His son chocked on his sobs in attempt to stop altogether and crawled slowly towards his father.

"A-are you o-okay?"

The fear in his son's voice killed him, as it would any loving parent. He nodded as his son, without needing to be asked, pulled him to a sitting position. Jin noticed it wasn't just his hands that were bound, his legs were tied, his ankles and knees. JJ held onto is father, hugging him tightly.

"Are you alright, buddy? You're not hurt?"

JJ Shook his head wiping his eyes, still jolting from the hiccups caused by his crying.

"What happened when I... Fell asleep?"

JJ took a deep breath trying to calm down.

"T-They made me a-and mommy get into the va-an and They said I-if I tried to leave.... th-they said.."

Jin hushed his child before he cried again. Right now he needed to understand what was going on and if JJ started crying Jin would never know what was happening.

" I understand, take a deep breath and pace yourself."

JJ swallowed hard and nodded. He looked down and looked back up to Jin, less shaky than before, but his voice still sounded worn.

"When they put us in the van I saw you trying to get away, but they put a rag over your mouth and you stopped moving, l-like mom did..."

Jin looked over to his wife, recalling his senses more and more. His wife lay motionless and moments ago his son wept over her. Fear raised the question that Jin couldn't stop from escaping his lips.

" Is your mother alright? Is she breathing?" 

JJ nodded.

"But, she hasn't woken up ,yet."

Jin let the breath he held go in relief. He hated having to question his son, but he only had partial consciousness now. Better, but not enough.

"Where are we?"

JJ looked helpless.

" I don't know,  they put something over my eyes and there were no windows in the van. I saw something before they blinded me, though."

Jin nodded, pressing his son to go on.

" I saw a big building like thing. I didn't get a good look, but I saw a bunch of trucks, too."

Jin started brainstorming. Trucks, Big building, The place is full of boxes and metal shelves..... Metal shelves? He looked closer. That's not a metal shelf, well it is, but not exactly. It was a pallet rack. That one detail made it obvious. A big building full of boxes on pallet racks with trucks all around. They were in a warehouse! Jin looked at his son, the look of eureka still on his face. JJ looked optimistic.