A Trip

Sam ran ahead of the Bop family, looking back every so often to make sure Doctor Jin could see him, then continuing to jump from puddle to puddle. Jin was still a little unnerved about taking Sam out in public after this long, but as he saw the light from Sam rub off on his son made his day. By the looks of it, it made his wife's, too. Suddenly, JJ couldn't help it and runs right beside Sam as best he could. The moment Sam noticed he became playful, hopping backward slowing, speeding and moving evasively, trying to make the black haired boy follow. Soon enough, JJ did follow the bunny boy's lead and it turned into a race of sorts. Sam was still careful not to get too far, so he'd bob his way behind JJ and switch his direction. Jin got worried, however when Sam jumped very highly to get away from the boy's grasp. He moved a little faster and called out to him.

"Sam! Be Careful, It's Slippery!"

Sam looked back over and nodded, giving JJ just enough time to pat his back and yell.

"You're It!"

Sam turned quickly, frightened, and being a rabbit he did what was instinct. He ran over Jin and hid. Clearly confused, JJ walked back to his parents with a baffled look on his face. Jin turned around and gave him a quick reassurance as his son asked him what had happened.

"Well, JJ, Sam is a Rabbit Hybrid. Being part rabbit gives him the instinct and behavior of a rabbit."

JJ looks at Sam's ears. As they twitch he seems to understand.

"Oooooh. So I scared him by jumping into view?"

Dr. Jin messed up his son's hair, affectionately.

"Exactly, I am very impressed you got that with ease."

JJ beamed, always enjoying when his father thought of him well. Sam, now calm, noticed and went into immediate action.

"It's not hard. It's the same as me knowing how to walk."

Noticing the boy's envious and rude tone, Jin knew that Sam was jealous of not getting all his attention. JJ ,though, did not and became cross.

"Well, if walking's so easy, why do you hop?"

"Maybe because I'm good at it."

" Well if you can't walk, don't talk!"

"Shut up!"

"NO!"

Jin got up and knew he had to put the foot down.

"BOYS!"

The two froze, slowly averting their gaze from each other and up to Jin.

" I will not tolerate this type of behavior, you both know better."

JJ interjected.

"But, he started it-"

" I don't care who started it, I am finishing it!"

Jin turned to each boy respectively.

"Sam, stop being jealous and JJ, don't get so angry so quick. Have I made myself clear?"

They both opened their mouths, pleading their case until Jin used a firm voice.

" I said, have I made myself clear?"

The boys gulped and nodded, speaking in unison.

"Yes, sir."

Jin stood straight.

"Good. Now, Sam, I want you to apologize for your jealous behavior."

Sam put his head down and did as he was told. All the while, JJ had a satisfied and evil grin as he accepted the apology. Then, Jin turned his attention to his son.