chapter 6: When everything fall

Dedicated to AlyWasHere17 because she's an amazing writer! :)

Monday was here. Michael got up, feeling sick. He was nervous about the confrontation with Casey. As usual, Casey was speaking with Russell. Michael came closer and closer to them.

"Hey, Casey... can I talk to you please? It's important." Michael asked quietly.

"Mm...yes, of course. I have to tell you something too. Can we go somewhere else? Like...the boy's toilet?"

Boy's toilet? This is strange. Michael was frowning as Casey was looking around. As if he was nervous or ashamed. They entered and, as expected, nobody was there.

"Um...why are we in the boy's toilet?" Michael asked confused.

"I have to tell you something, it's important. And I didn't want to be seen with you."

"Seen with me? Wh-what do you mean?"

Casey was strange. Michael was really worried. What happened during the weekend?

"So, you know we've been a bit distant these past few days. And I think you know that I have other friends, Russell for example. I'm becoming more and more popular and I'm happy about it. Finally, I'm not bullied anymore and it feels so great. Anyways, I can't be seen with you. Here, students hate you and I don't want to be as miserable as I was in my last school. I'm sorry Mika, but I can't stay with you. You really are a nice guy, I swear. But I want friends. I want to be popular. I don't want to throw away everything for a relationship, which may not last long. I know it's hard to hear this. I know it, trust me. But you have to be strong. You are amazing and you deserve someone who really loves you. You deserve to be happy. But I'm not the one for you. I'm sorry Mika. "

Casey left the boy's toilet without looking back. Michael sat on the floor, crying and sobbing as if his world just ended. Why is life so hard? What did Michael do to deserve this? He was devastated. He didn't think Casey would break up with him. Michael looked one last time at the letter he wrote for Casey, a few tears fell onto the paper.

"Casey, I'm writing you this because I'm afraid I'll forget things if I don't write them. I'm sorry if I was strange on Friday when you told me about the party. I'm not mad at you, I can't be. I'm just scared that if you become popular, you will leave me for someone better than me. I thought a lot about this over the weekend and I trust you. I believe what you told me.

I also wanted to thank you for all you did for me. Thank you for being so nice to me. Thank you for being my first friend. Thank you for giving me my first kiss. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for everything.

I know I'm not the most beautiful man in the world. I also know I'm not the most intelligent but, I want you to know that I love you. More than anything. I know it may be a little early but I'm sure about it and I want you to know that.

I love you.

Mika. X"

Michael threw the paper in the bin and left the boy's toilet. In the corridor Russell, Casey, and all his friends were waiting for something. Casey went to him, shoving Michael roughly into a locker. Then he punched him in the stomach a couple times.

"That's enough Casey. You're one of us now. He has nobody, we win." Russell said, smirking.

They left Michael on the floor. He got up from the floor; he had blood on his T-shirt. They hit him pretty hard. It was the first time he ever missed school. Usually, he doesn't want to miss it because he wants to graduate and leave this horrible place. But today was too much for him. The love of his life left him to become popular. The thing he feared the most happened. He wanted to avoid his mother and all her questions. He didn't want to go home. Not when he knew his parents would be there. So, he sat near a tree instead.

He was alone and that's the way he wanted it. He needed time to think. He didn't know how many times he stayed here, but when he looked at the sky it was dark. School ended hours ago. He didn't even hear the bell ring. He finally got up and walked home. He went straight to his room. He didn't want to talk to his parents. He sat on his bed. He acted like a zombie, he couldn't do anything. Everything hurt.

Later, his mother knocked on the door. She entered the room and sat next to her son.

"Sweetie, we were worried about you. Why didn't you answer my calls? What happened at school? This morning you seemed great. Casey didn't like your letter?" She asked with concern.

He didn't respond to his mother. He didn't know if he would be able to respond, he was crying too much.

"Why are you crying? Please, you know you can tell me anything."

"I didn't give the letter to Casey," he whispered.

"I can see that you don't want to talk about it. I don't know what's wrong but you can trust me. You can tell me what it is. I'm worried about you. I don't want you to kill yourself... You don't know how horrible it is to go back home, one day, after work and then you see that your only son is lying down in his own blood because he cut his wrists. You don't know how we felt. If we found you later than we did, you would've been dead!" She screamed, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Maybe that would have been better! I'm sick of being the guy with a chick's name who went to a mental hospital! I'm sick of being bullied by everyone even by the person I like the most! I'm sick of being friendless! I'm sick of EVERYTHING! You made a fucking mistake when you made me come here. Everybody hates me! I can't stand it anymore. I should have ended it last year... It will never get better. I-I'm tired of this mum..." he said, crying harder.

His mother didn't know what to say. She realized how much he was suffering. She felt guilty. She hugged him tightly while he was crying. His head was on her shoulder. She could feel his breath on her neck.

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll put you in another school soon. Be strong. Don't kill yourself." She whispered, hugging him even tighter.

They stayed in this position for a long time. When he stopped crying his mother left the room to make dinner. Michael took something, which was hidden in his closet, and sat on the floor.

"I can't stand this anymore. He played with me. He never loved me. I gave him everything, even my virginity. I can understand the fact that he wants to be popular, but I can't stand the fact that he bullied me... He was in this same situation at his last school. It hurts so fucking much. I'm sorry mom, please, forgives me." He murmured to himself.

Michael picked up the item he got from his closet. There he sat on the floor, in the middle of his room, with a razor in his hands....

♂+♂=♥

Picture of Russell ~~>