047

—KSJ
6:27 PM KST

seokjin paid a quick visit to namjoon—well, what was left of him, anyway—and jungkook. of course, neither was pleasant in terms of the visual aspect, but he made sure to pay his respects after it was over.

he had stopped the fire for namjoon, but there wasn't much to do. he was left in ashes, his bones blackened and the glass vials nowhere to be seen—he sighed, pressing his hands inside his pant pockets as he felt the burden on his shoulders seemingly increase. he felt slight sympathy when he came by jungkook's corpse, feeling a little guilty when he looked at jungkook's glazed eyes, lifeless. he crouched down, biting the inside of his cheek as he slid his fingers over, closing his eyelids for him. he sighed in pity, clicking his tongue against the back of his teeth.

"poor thing," he cocked his head to the side, pursing his lips. "he was the youngest here, too."

seokjin just shrugged it off like he did with everyone else, leaving the body in the cold room with dimmed lighting, untouched. whilst looking down on jungkook's motionless body, he slowly counted with his fingers, stopping at five. he smiled.

one more to go.

he shuffled around in his jacket pocket, the bomber jacket big and puffy enough to keep him warm in the nearly frigid temperature it had dropped down to. seokjin sighed, fishing out a vial in his left pocket before opening the top and drinking it down, not missing a single drop. he licked his lips clean, throwing the vial near jungkook, cascading it with the other broken glass pieces that scattered the room. seokjin couldn't help but to let a giggle escape from his mouth, before taking a step outside the room, his footsteps nearly inaudible.

seokjin was caught by surprise when he heard a timid 'hey' behind him.

he whirled around by surprise, putting on a placid, fake smile, making sure to crinkle his eyes before sighing out in relief. "oh my god, i thought i was alone. are you trapped here, too?"

"y-yeah," hoseok said, scratching the back of his head out of embarrassment. "um, i'm hoseok. hi."

i already know your name, that disgusting filthy name that i would've liked to remove from the world, yet you're still here—makes me wonder if there was a flaw in my plan. "oh? nice to meet you, hoseok. i'm seokjin." he gave a sad smile, being sure to let the glare in his eyes look soft, putting his hands in his pockets. 

"have you found any of the vials yet?" hoseok queried, beginning to walk after seokjin when he began to shift his feet. seokjin wanted to snort, and he so badly wanted to say, 'of course i have, i'm the one who put them there. of course i'd carry one with me—how stupid of a question it is—i'd laugh even more if i wasn't so tired'.

"no," seokjin said coolly, before adding a tinge of sadness at the very end. "i've been looking everywhere, and—and everyone is dead. i-i don't know what to do..."

he let his voice trail off, nearly choking back a fake sob as he clutched a fist over his test, letting a few tears stream out. hoseok, at this unexpected scenario, quickly grabbed onto seokjin's shoulders, patting his back to tell him he was okay. seokjin sniffled, his tears slowly ebbing away as the disgust he felt inside of him grew larger.

"get your filthy hands off of me," he murmured, but not loud enough for hoseok to fully comprehend. hoseok bit the bottom of his lip, watching seokjin with guilt as seokjin rubbed his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket.

"if you're feeling okay," hoseok drawled out cautiously, eyeing seokjin with a worried gaze, "we should hurry and find the vials, so we can get out of here. i don't know how much time we have left, so c'mon. you don't want to die in vain like this, right?"

seokjin wanted to punch hoseok in the face—what did he know about death? to be on the verge of leaning off a cliff, or being seconds away from swallowing the handful of pills, or to slowly let the warm bath water imbibe your body until you weren't breathing any more? what was it that people didn't get, that being born is a once in a lifetime thing, and to waste it would be like snapping a flower's stem, something that seemed so beautiful at one point, but to find out that it would be shriveled up and colorless? what did they not get, that a life is a pure thing that shouldn't be played with, something that they should take care of as it is very fragile and waver along the way, and that it all rested in their hands, the decisions they would make? how could they possibly not know that toying with a life would be like throwing a pebble into the waters, creating ripples around them?

"a-are you okay? you're breathing kind of heavily. p-please don't die on me. i can't be left here alone. i-i wouldn't know what to do."

seokjin wanted to scoff. selfish. human nature is so fucking selfish. they only think about themselves. always.

i'm disgusted.

"i'm fine," seokjin plastered a smile on his face, stretching his arms and legs briefly before taking a step again, and to have hoseok on the left side of him. "you're right. we should hurry. let's go. let's find those vials. let's, um, make it out of here alive."

···

a/n ;
yoooooo what's up y'all!!
since this is coming to an
end soon, i decided to
publish another mystery/
thriller bangtan book called
"PROPHECIES"! it'll be the
first book out of a trilogy
that i will have planned. i
plan not to let y'all down on
this series, and so it would
mean the world if you could
check out the book for me!
(also, if you're into innocent
yet smutty taekook, check out
"SUBSERVIENT" for me uglies!!
shameless self promo time ((:
thank you guys, always, and
i love you all ! — alice.