046

—JJK
4:03 PM KST

hoseok and jungkook had gotten some rest, but they made sure not to close their eyes, as the chances of death could skyrocket. they let their legs rest for a bit, relieving them of the pent-up tension.

"so, do you think we'll ever get out of here?" hoseok raised an eyebrow, massaging his calves.

"i don't know. we'll have to try, right?" jungkook laughed, sighing as he leaned back, stretching his arms out. he stood up, looking down at hoseok. "if you're tired, you don't have to come with me. i think i'm just going to go ahead and go to that door ahead. we'll share the vial, okay?"

hoseok frowned. "but sharing the vial only means that—"

"it's okay. that'll buy more time for us, and...i don't really mind dying all that much. i deserve it after all." jungkook smiled, crossing his arms. "we either die together, or live together. and if one of us lives...i want it to be you." he sighed, scratching the back of his head. "

"me?" hoseok scoffed. "kid, i don't know what you've done to come all this way, but i'm sure—i'm so sure—that i did worse. way worse than you. so, do me a favor, and if you find that vial, please—keep it for yourself."

jungkook sighed, walking towards the door. "okay. i'll call if i need help, and don't fall asleep, alright? you'll die."

hoseok gave him a relieving smile. "okay. hurry, get that vial, and let's get out of here. we don't know how much time we have left."

jungkook opened the door, leaving it open just in case he needed help from hoseok. he stepped inside, sighing as he let his hands fall to his side.

it didn't look so hard—he could see the vial in the glass box. it was high up, but it was at a height where he could get it if he were to reach his hands up in the openings he could see. he walked up to it, slightly cautious as if there were traps leading up to the traps.

without further ado, he put his hand through an opening that when his hand passed through, raised up something like spikes, but didn't mind at the moment. he curved his hand slightly to reach for the vial, but when the pads of his fingers touched the glass, it toppled over, rolling inside the container. jungkook sighed, putting his other hand through the other opening, trying to get the vial in his hands. when he got a hold of it, he began to bring his hand down, but his skin was pierced by the spikes, cutting the skin—beads of blood began to pool around his forearms and around his wrists, and he swallowed thickly, trying to suppress the panic that bubbled inside of him.

then, when the sharp pain registered in his brain, that was when he realized that he shouldn't have put his hands in.

"jungkook, you're a dumbass," he hissed to himself, his hands trembling and tears brimming in his eyes. "such, such a dumbass."

although he tried his best to pull his hands out, they only sliced his hands more, making him scream loudly, his creases forming everywhere on his face and his eyes crinkling, leaking tears.

jungkook heard hoseok's rapid footsteps, accompanied by panicked yells of "are you okay?" and "oh my god, what happened?" and "jesus christ".

"b-break it," jungkook cried, his hands shaking uncontrollably. "break the fucking box!"

with his sudden outburst, hoseok stepped back, and jungkook's hands spasmed, which caused the spikes to slice his wrists clean, spurting blood inside the glass box. hoseok looked in horror as jungkook's eyes glazed over, his legs shuddering and his body going limp, the gravity pulling him down—his hands were cut through clean, which were left in the glass box in a pool of blood—the opening then closed itself with the spikes, and jungkook's body fell in a thud, blood dripping from the small opening.

the long spikes had sliced right through his radial arteries that passed through his wrists.

hoseok stared, wide-eyed in disbelief, his knees giving way. he plopped down onto the floor, his stomach churning. he felt bile rise up in his esophagus, which he barely pushed down with force. his fingers trembled, and he looked for something to break the glass with, but with his dizzy vision, the smell of blood, and not being in the right mindset, he couldn't look for anything viable to the situation.

getting on his feet, he took his trembling self out, closing the door shut.

a/n ;
oops but also more oops
when stupid ass wattpad
deleted half of this chapter
and i had to rewrite smfh.
&& check out my applyfic
bc i'm a thirsty hoe and i
still need more applicants ;;