Chapter 11

Hartley's P.O.V

"Who?" Mamrie asks

"Um..." I stutter.

"Who Hart?" Mamrie says raising her voice.

"Everley" I whisper, tears still streaming down my face.

"Who's, who's Everley babe?" Hannah questions, guiding me to the seats.

"I need to go somewhere." I reply, standing up to go to the reception desk.

I stand there my legs shifting from one foot to the other.

"Can I help you sweetie?" The reception lady asks.

"I need to see a midwife. Early." I reply.

"Ok. what's your name?" She questions.

"Hartley Mae Helbig-See." I answer.

"OK. We have a free room, go and sit down and you will be called." The recpetionist explains.

"Ok thank you." I exclaim, sitting in the waiting room, next to Mamrie and Hannah.

"You ok sweetheart?" Mamrie asks.

"Just getting this little one checked." I say putting hands on my small baby bump.

Just as I explain that my name was called.

"Can you come with me." I beg.

"yeah sure. Hannah you stay here, if you get any news on Grace you come straight to us." Mamrie orders. Hannah nods her head agreeing.

We make our way to the hospital and we go into the hospital room. I sit down on the chair, my heart racing, my palms sweating and my legs shaking. The midwife comes into the room and sits down in her chair. She is the same midwife that mom had.

"Hello Hartley. What can I do for you today?" She asks.

"I just want the baby checked, make sure its healthy." I explain.

"Ok if you can get on the bed, then I will do an ultrasound." She orders, wheeling the ultrasound machine towards the bed. I lift up my top, till it's by my bra.

"This my be a little cold." She laughs, squirting blue gel onto my stomach. She moves the probe around to find my unborn baby. Then all of a sudden a baby popped up on the screen. Then you could hear the rapid heartbeat. I start crying with tears of joy. Hearing this has made me make the desicion to not abort my beautiful baby.

"The baby is healthy. There is nothing for you to be worried about." She says, printing out photos of my baby and my notes. At that point Hannah comes bursting through the door.

"She's awake!" Hannah exclaims.

I quickly thank the midwife and then race off towards my mom's room. She was sitting up, getting her blood pressure down.

"Mom!" I say racing into her arms.

"Hey baby. I'm better now. Hows your brother or sister?" She asks.

"Mom. Mom, she...she...she didn't make it. She was so small. To be honest, it was better than her suffering. I named her, I hope that was ok." I explained, tears streaming from my face, my nose running.

"Wha...Wha...What did you call her?" She questions, her voice breaking midway.

"Everley Aida Bae Helbig."

"That's beautiful. I need to go and see her." Mom replied. The nurses then helped her into a wheelchair and then wheeled her into the ICU.

We get in there to see Everley, hooked onto the machines. I notice her wiggling around.

"Wait. I thought she gave up." I say to the doctors and nurses surprised.

"Well, she's a fighter. You have a strong and healthy baby Mrs Helbig-See" The nurse explained.

During the 3 hour visiting time, we sit and cuddle Everley ever so tight. Never letting her go. Finally we all make it back to the hospital, where we sit in mom's room.

"What happened darling?" Dad says storming into mom's room, then kissing her on the forehead.

"Oh I got into a car crash." Mom lied.

"Oh my poor sweetheart. Can I have a minute alone with her?" Dad asked.

We all nod, know that mom could be in trouble.

Grace's P.O.V

"So then what really happened?" Chester spits.

"I promise you Chester, I got into a car crash." I lied.

"You haven't told anybody have you, cuz you know that I would have to punish you real bad, if you have." Chester says, now pulling my hair, seeing the brusies her left on my arms, this morning.

He lets go as soon as everyone comes back in the room.

"Tomorrow,I have to go to Alaska to produce some more music, so I won't be back for 4 days." Chester explains, then heads off out the room towards the airport.

"Right then how are we going to get to England then." I ask.