Chapter 6

Still Hartley's P.O.V

Its been 2 months since I first saw dad hit mom. The worse thing is he has started hitting me and I have been getting really agitated by that. I have also been getting very snappy with Maddi so we broke up.

"Dad why the hell are you so mean?" I scream at my dad.

"What do you mean. Sugar puff." Dad replies.

He drags me by the arm and pulls me up the stairs to restroom.

That's when it all starts, the worst night of my life.

My dad throws me on the floor. I crawl towards the bath and lean against it. Dad starts to take off my top and my bra, and then moves down to my lower clothes. He removes my sweatpants and then slowly makes his way to my underwear.

I freeze and try to move, I try and force him off me but nothing works. After he is done he does up his jeans and then walks away. Leaving me alone on the bathroom floor, blood on the restroom rug.

I lay there helpless on the floor. I gently grab my clothes and put them back on. I grab the rug and take it downstairs.

"Mom this needs to go in the laundry." I explain handing her the bloody rug.

"Oh did you have an accident sweetheart?" Mom asks, I turn my head to dad then he puts his finger to his lips, signalling me to be quiet.

"Um...um yeah." I say acting embarrassed.

"That's ok, but where are your underwear?" Mom asks.

"Oh...that's in my laundry basket." I reply quickly.

"Ok baby." Mom says, embracing me. I turn and leave.

I stay in my room the rest of the day. I don't come out, only to grab dinner or to go to the toilet. My dream that night consisted, of that moment with all the little details. I wake up screaming in the middle of the night and then force myself to go back to sleep.

Grace's P.O.V

-----------Hatty is asleep-----------

"Let's go to sleep then." I say turning off the TV as I see Chester drift off to sleep out of the corner of my eye.

"Ok. Let's go." Chester says gritting his teeth.

We both make our way up to bed. I brush my teeth with the same minty toothpaste, I have used all my life. I notice blood on the restroom floor.

'Bless her' I say quietly out loud, while wetting a cloth and cleaning it up.

I get changed into my old ragged clothes. I get into bed and place the duvet carefully over me.

"Come on baby. Just do it with me." Chester pleads, while trying to undo my clothes.

"No Ches I'm tired." I say trying to button my shirt.

"I promise I will stop, just one time please." He begs.

"Chester what don't you get. I don't want to." I plead, this doesn't stop Chester as he continues to undress me.

I can't help but lay there and let him do it to me because I am so scared.

"Stop it." I shout and scream.
Just as I scream I hear Hartley scream.

"I have to go and help her." I say pushing him off me, making him stop and roll off me.

I walk into her room and stroke her hair.

"It's ok baby. I now know why. There's no need to be frightened baby. He won't hurt you again I promise." I whisper in her ears, while stroking her hair while she falls asleep.

I face my fears and jump back into bed and fall asleep straight away, making sure that he can't do anything more to me.