Chapter Ten: Can't handle it anymore (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Dropping the letter to the floor, I did the only thing that I could do in this sort of situation…. I ran. I ran past the Sullivan’s sitting in the living room, ignoring their screams of concern I just ran. The alluring nature of the woods called to me. The danger seemed to disperse upon my entrance, the squawks of eagles no longer frightened me but seemed to welcome me, the never ending forest called to me. I felt a pull in the direction straight ahead of me.

The pull was irresistible, my feet moved on their own accord leading me further into the forest and taking me to an unknown location. I was void of any emotion except curiosity. Every muscle, bone and fibre in my body tingle. I walked towards the alluring feeling. Suddenly the skies of heaven opened and thundered down upon me. I continued following my instincts, gaining speed, going faster, running, stoping to rest momentarily.

The rain pelted down my back, my body became cold and my breathing became shallow. Hours or aimlessly walking around in the rain following a strange feeling which arose within me. A feeling of calm and safety drew me to this place but, the aching of my muscles and the rain prohibited me from going any further.

The harsh reality of my death looming hit me. I lay on the cold, muddy forest floor, turning on my looked to the skies and noticed that it was now dark. How had I not noticed how dark it had become? What is happening to me? I feel like I have no control over my own body. I can’t handle this any longer. The rain number every fibre of my body, the pain began to ease and all I felt was numb. My toes, my arms, legs and eventually my heart.

I lay on the ground counting my slowing heartbeats knowing that finally my death is coming. I finally am paying for that godforsaken day almost a year ago. Tammy got what she wanted. My broken body giving up and refusing to fight it anymore. Four beats, three beats, two beats…. The hammering of my heart became slower the longer I lay in the pouring rain.

My eyes began to flicker and my vision blurred. I looked to the sky once more and with a smile upon my face my eyes flickered to a close for what I hoped to be the last time. At first there was nothing except a spot of black in the back of my mind but, then a figure made his way towards me. His golden Aura. I knew his walk, his height before I knew it his baby blue eyes were piercing into me. His face was void of emotion unlike my beaming face. I wrapped my arms around him and held him closer to me.

“Jocelyn!”

The firmness of his voice shocked me. Never had he ever raised his voice at me or spoken in an angry tone but, now he is furious. What had I done to make him so angry? I figured he would be happy with me doing this, I thought he would be relieved that this is the end for me. Why is he mad?

“Why would you do something so stupid Jocelyn? You need to open your eyes and fight. You must never give up.” He demanded.

I shook my head and stood closer to him swarming in his warmth. He held me tight rubbing my head and back softly. My sobs subsided and I noticed he still did not smile or offer me words of happiness. Perhaps he too blames me for everything that has happened. I understand if he blames me, he has more reason than anyone else to hate me.

“Do you hate me now?” I questioned casting my eyes to the floor in embarrassment.

He growled lowly before taking my hand and holding me closer to my chest.

“No I do not hate you dumbass. I love you more than anything but, you do not belong her. You need to open your eyes and go back to the world of the living.” He whispered into my ear.

The tears ran down my face at the beautiful sight of him holding me tightly and refusing to let me go. I sobbed harder as I knew he was correct. The real me would never give up on life. I would always fight but, this time is different.

“I can’t live without you. All I feel is this giant whole in my life where, you should be.  I just can’t pretend anymore. It is killing me.” I cry harder falling to the ground and sobbing hysterically.

He never tried to pick me up but, lowered to my level, looked into my eyes and said”

“You must wake up, you must live, you must have a family, you must go on living. You need to grieve for me properly not, push away the pain like you did before. It makes it harder. You are strong and beautiful. You must never give up.”

I went to respond but, he silenced me once more by continuing to talk.

“You are a part of something that you yet do not understand and you must live to fulfil your destiny. It is not your time.”

With a final kiss to my forehead he began to walk towards the golden light before me which I yearned to follow him to.

“Don’t leave me!” I sobbed

He stopped momentarily and flashed me his 60 watt smile.

“You are stronger than you think. Good bye Jocelyn.”

He continued to walk towards the light he stopped turned towards me, smiled and vanished into it.

“Good bye I will never forget you….. Brendon.” I whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had returned to my body but, my eyes could not flutter open. I could hear the bird’s squawking and I heard footsteps thundering towards me. My body felt cold but, the sudden warmth with encased me made goose bumps appear on my arms. I felt myself being lifted and being carried at a rapid pace away.

I could hear the angry voices behind me which sounded vaguely familiar but, I couldn’t place the voices at the moment. I could hear and feel the violent hum of the chest which I was held tightly too. I could hear the beautiful voice of a man whispering comforting words in my ear and holding me to him.

I tried opening my eyes but, they were unable to register this motion. I was becoming more aware of what was happening around me. I could hear shocked and happy voices around me. I felt myself being placed on something soft and then I heard someone who sounded like…… Drake Riverstone shouting orders at people.

“GET THE DOCTOR HERE NOW!!!!” He bellowed at someone who squeaked and ran off to do as he said.

 I felt him come close to me and rub a cold cloth against my forehead.  Why would you put a cold cloth on the forehead of someone who has been out in the rain and is almost as frozen as a Popsicle?

“Drake are you stupid?” An older voice yelled before snatching the cloth away from my head.

I heard a growl tear through the room and for some reason I instantly reached my hand out and touched Drake’s chest. I tried to open my eyes but, they still not register my acts of movement and refused to work with my brain and move. 

“I asked for the doctor, I want the FEMALE doctor.” Drake growled whilst the rest of the people in the room seemed to snicker at him.

I felt an older pair of hands touch my face which was followed by an animalistic growl from Drake’s chest.

“SHE IS MINE!!!!”

I sat up gasping as I saw Drake lung over the bed towards a man in his mid-30’s and snap his neck.

Author’s Note:

Hey everyone, I hope that this chapter is good. I wasn’t planning to upload because I am supposed to be studying for my final HSC exam yet I felt creative and sometimes when you have an idea you have to use it or you lose it. Let’s just say that sitting down to type at the moment is near impossible as I have sever sunburn on my legs, neck and back all thanks to a trip to the beach lol. I hope that this chapter is good and that you please vote and comment and if you aren’t already following me. Please do so. If you have any questions or need anything inbox me peeps. Xoxo. J