Chapter 5 - Kismet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally they meet! Writing this has been so much fun so far. Comment and let me know where you want to see things go next!

Vote by clicking the star below and share my story with others. You can also follow me on Twitter using the same handle.

Xo,
Jane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am paralyzed.  Ruefully, I eye the mess, and slowly bring my gaze up to take in the damage. Dry shoes, firm thighs visible in tight jeans, check, no dampness, check. Don't stare at his crotch, check! All topped by a white shirt (of course!) soaked in coffee.

"Omigod!  I am so sorry!  Let me get you a towel," I manage to stammer, still unwilling to make eye contact.

"Thanks, luv," he replies gently. My heart flips as it takes in the lilting quality of he medium timbre voice.  An English accent too. Swoon. "Any chance I could visit your loo to get the rest?" he says casually, wiping his hands with the cloth I hand him.

"Sure". I finally look up to take in his face. His mouth is twisted ever so slightly into an endearing smirk. I desperately want to reach out and touch his unshaven cheeks and pull him close. My eyes flit to his lips, and I paused maybe a second too long. God, did he see that?

Scrolled lettering tattoos perfectly outline his collarbones and are just visible through his damp shirt. It takes every ounce of my willpower not to jump over the counter and lick the coffee off his neck.

I am flushing red. How long has it been since I've spoken?  My face burns brighter.

"Um, you can follow me, I'll show you to the staff washroom. It will give you more privacy".

"Sure, thing," he shrugs, pulling slightly on his shirt. As he lifts it away from his skin, I get the smallest view of his flat stomach and the very light trail of hair that traces down towards his waistline. My breath catches in my throat.

"You alright, luv?"

No chill. Apparently I dumped subtlety on the counter too, because I think he noticed me staring at his crotch.

"Uh, yeah, fine." I have hit crimson level now. "Carlton, I'm heading to the back to help this customer clean up. Be right back."

We walk towards the back of the cafe in stilted silence. My head is swimming and I can't formulate a coherent sentence. His presence is distracting. It's like every fibre of my being is on fire. I sense every movement of his body without having to look back.

"So, the bathroom's right here. There are some paper towels and stuff you can use to clean up. Let me know if you need anything else. I think we have an extra work shirt around here somewhere. Let me find you one. It's the least I can do to make up for ruining your clothes," I babble.

When I glance up he is still smirking at me. Is he enjoying making me feel uncomfortable? Stop chewing on your lip, I will him silently as he shuts the door.

I recover just enough to focus on finding the aforementioned shirt. My hands are shaking and my heart is still hammering in my chest, but I can work with that. I return and gently rap my knuckle on the door.

"I found you a shirt, I can slip it in the room if you open the door a crack".

The only response is a tattooed hand grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me inside the room. And suddenly lips are pressing on mine. Too shocked to protest, and excited at the same time, I let it happen. Gentle urging progresses to more rhythmic movement as I relax and kiss him back.

I am barely conscious of anything around me, my back pressed up against the wall.  His lips quicken their pace and I respond by lacing my arms around his neck and deepening the kiss. My hands are in his hair. He groans and pushes my mouth open with his tongue.

Every stroke he makes sets my body on fire. I press myself in to his chest, realizing for the first time that he is shirtless. I small groan escapes my lips. My hips grind against him, my panties moistening as a beautiful bulge brushes my leg. I hone my movement towards it and feel the muscle twitch in response.  Oh God!

Then crash!  A cascade of paper towel boxes tipping over and hitting the floor interrupts our reverie. Jarred,  I peer down at the mess and start to laugh. My partner releases my slightly, also starting to chuckle.

I bite my lip, self-consciously, tuck some hair behind my right ear, and smile.

"Hi, I'm Evynn. Nice to meet you."

"The name's Louis".