-32-

Hinode General Hospital

Hinata

Let me teach y'all this as a doctor.

Being the chief of the ER, a general surgeon, a mother and being three months pregnant with another. It's the best combination from hell to have been invented. I know I have four other doctors I could count on to take some of the responsibility off my shoulder but I can't help but feel guilty if they do.

When Kazuki and Hisao-senpai found out I was carrying a child...let's just say they wanted to pull Naruto back from whatever country he was stationed at to murder him themselves. I guess their little protective instincts never really went away.

Despite being in love with completely different women.

Speaking of my boyfriend, he's been gone for about...a month and a half right about now? He missed Hajime's first month birthday but he did call which gave me the reassurance that he was alive and well. He also told me that he might actually hit that two month maximum because the war doesn't seem like it's ceasing at all.

But I haven't heard a single peep from him since.

"Paging Dr. Hinata Hyuga to the lobby," the intercom suddenly sounded throughout the ER. My head lifted from the thrown back position it was in.

At the same time, Hanako and Hisao-senpai walked by as they were heading off on their lunch break. They both looked at me, confused with the sudden announcement.

"Another visitor, Hina?" Hisao-senpai raised an eyebrow. "Did Sakura and Ino come to return Hajime because they realized they're not ready to handle a baby yet?"

That is very true. As much as those two deny it, taking care of a child is a little overwhelming for them. So one day, I called a familiar friend who had also went to Konoha University with us but a grade older. 

And my older cousin's wife at that.

She agreed to help them watch Hajime and check in on him on a daily basis. 

Which reminds me....

I haven't told anybody from my family about another Hyuga coming their way. My father was absolutely furious when he found out about Hajime. He only relaxed when I told him that Hajime wasn't biological. That still didn't settle him a bit though. 

And that didn't stop him from chasing Naruto around the Hyuga mansion with a shoe...

Maybe I should just keep this one a secret from the family for a few more months...

"Well," I sighed heavily, standing up. "I better go see them."

"Want us to come with?" Hanako-senpai asked. "You might need some company."

I shook my head with a smile, "I'll be fine."

Hisao-senpai grabbed my shoulder gently with a small smile before ushering his comrade away just as she was about to say something else. 

Finishing what was left of my coffee, I told the nurses at the station that I'll be taking a fifteen minute break. That's the least I needed to see whoever thought it'd be nice to visit me during office hours. Not that I don't mind the distraction that is.

"Hey, Hina-senpai!" Kazuki's bright greeting woke me from my dazed state just as the elevator doors slid open. No surprise; he was traveling with Minako.

They're not together but they got to a point of...understanding? I honestly don't know what's going between them but whatever it is; they're back to their old selves.

Selvesish.

"First floor," I said, as I stepped foot in. Mina yawned loudly as she pressed the button.