Chapter 24

Braylon's POV

  It's a lot of work for me to open my eyes.
  I look straight and see a white ceiling. On both sides are white walls. On the left, someone is sleeping in a chair. Two people actually.
   I groan from the pain in my stomach.
The person on the left jumps up and races over to me.
He slows down by my side. "Oh my gosh Braylon your awake!" He basically shouts in my ear.
I move my head away from his voice.
I can see that it's Aaron. I focus my gaze on the person who had come beside him.
It's Grayson. I smile big.
They both looked dirty and unkept.
"How long have I been out?" My voice is hoarse.
Grayson grabs my hand. "3 months." I stretch my eyes open and sit up in pain.
"3 months. No I haven't."
He nodded.
"Sorry sis, but you have." Aaron elbowed him in the ribs.
  "No you haven't," he looked at me. "Only 3 days." I sink back into the bed.
  Alright, let's play a little joke on big brother Grayson.
  "Wait, sis?" I pretend in confusion.
"Yeah." Grayson says bluntly.
Aaron puts his arm on my bed. "Do you remember me?" I nod.
  "Yeah you're my boyfriend Aaron."
He nodded and grins at me.
He jabs his thumb and Grayson.
  "And him? Who's that?"
I stare at him for a bit and watch his face crumble from hopeful to scared.
  "I-- I don't know."
His face is blank.
"What?" He whispers.
"I don't know. Am I supposed to?"
He squeezes his eyes shut and clenched his jaw, and walks out slamming the door.

~*~*~

Grayson's POV
She doesn't remember me? How can she not remember me and remember Aaron.
  I walked out of the room and punched the wall next to the garbage can. Blood immediately trickles from my split knuckles.
   Tears prick in my eyes and I blink the back but they don't leave. I sink to the floor and lean against the wall.
   "Grayson?" A small voice is next to me.
  I look up and it's Braylon. "Hey Bray."
I did a double take. It's Braylon.
  "Braylon! Oh thank God!" I spring up hug her, tightly. She grunts and whimpers. Oops.
  "Grayson I was kidding. I only said that I didn't remember you because you said I was in a coma for 3 months." 
  She sits down on the wall.
I look at her. "Really? Or are you doing this because Aaron told you everything about me."
  She shakes her head. "Nope I know everything." She smiles.
  Ok then.
"What's my favorite color?" I ask her.
"Navy blue."
Good.
"What's my full name?" I know this is an easy one.
  "Grayson Owen Ryder."
"Birthday?"
"March 25th."
"Who am I to you?" That was another easy one.
"You're my twin, 37 minutes older than me."
  "Ok now this. What did I say when we were 9 on the Ferris Wheel in Disney?"
  She laughs. "That was one of my best memories." She laughs again.
  "You said and I quote, 'I swear I'm about to crap my pants, Braylon stop this ride and get me down right now!' It didn't help that the ride goes around three times and we were only on our first."
  I chuckle at the memory.
"You were also digging you finger nails into my thigh. I still have the scar."
    She rolls up her hospital gown and shows me the faint scar of four nail prints.
Oh yeah I felt so bad. I put my arm around her and hug her, not as tight as before.
  "I'm so glad your ok." I murmur into her hair.
  She fidgets slightly. "I'm mentally ok, and somewhat ok emotionally, but in no where near ok physically."
"I have a lot of scars Grayson. A lot." Her voice is quiet.
  We sit in quiet for a couple of minutes.
  "What happened to Jason and Karlee?" She breaks the silence.
  My jaw clenches.
I explain everything the police told me.
"Jason got arrested for kidnapping and some other things. He'll be in prison for life." I still don't know why they let him out after the first time.
  "Karlee is going to a juvenile detention for a year. She won't be finishing the school year."
  She looks down at her hands.
"Why did Jason do that?" I freeze at her question.
  Parker didn't want me to tell her. But I can't ignore it.
  "Because apparently mom and Dad owed Jason money for I don't even know what, they, you know, died and he never go this payment."
  This is the hard part.
"A couple of years ago Jason asked, uhh-- asked Parker for money but he refused. Jason made a couple of threats but Parker still refused."
  I guess she could figure the rest out because she closed her eyes and shook her head.
  "Are you mad?" I hope she isn't.
"A little."
  "Do you want me to call Parker?"
"No thanks."
"Do you want some food?"
"Preferably the double chocolate cookie dough sundae from Nova's Café please. Two actually."
  Of course she wants that.
"Do you want to go home yet?"
  "Can we go to Aaron's?"
"Yeah I can ask."
  "No don't ask he already said yes. But he won't be there because he has an interview."
  "Ok, so what do you want to do there?"
  She gives and long blank look. I smile.
"Do you want to have a Fast and Furious marathon?"
   She nods her head fast and smiles furiously.
"It took you so long to ask! Come on sign me out and let's go!"

   *** 9 hours later***
Braylon's POV
  I sniffle and wipe nose. "Every time I watch this I cry! I already know what's gonna happen!"
  I cry into Grayson's shoulder, while eyes wipes his teary eyes.
  "Why are you crying?" I sob.
"We just finished watching Fast 7, why are you crying?" He sniffles.
  "Because Paul Walker and Vin Diesel were driving next to each other and the they looked at each other and Vin Diesel kept driving straight and Paul Walker went off to the left, going separate ways. That's why I'm crying."
  He laughs as I just gave him the whole rundown of the end of Fast 7.
  I stop crying for a moment, think of that part again, then start crying again.
  This basically goes on for another hour, and Grayson is balling his eyes out beside me.

   ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok so I'm moving the updates from Friday to Saturday because my Friday's are just too busy.
  No cliffhanger this time though.
   Anyway I didn't update yesterday because on Thursday, we had to put my dog down. ^^picture up top^^
She was 13 and her name was Angel.
So I didn't feel like writing yesterday.
Braylon's reaction to the Fast 7 ending is definitely me.
  Anyway don't forget to
Vote.
Comment what you think.
Share.
Follow.
  The four steps to an easy life.

Gotta blast

~ P.W ~