Chapter 16

Braylon's POV
I wake up and scream in surprise. My room is decorated with streamers and balloons.
At the sound of my scream, Jace, Parker, Jayden and Braydon come pounding in my room.
"Happy 16th Birthday Braylon Paige Ryder!" They all shout, in sync.
I get up from my bed and go to hug them, but when I get near them, they all whip out silly string cans and spray me till there's none left.
"You guys!" I shout at them, pulling silly string out of my hair. I wad it up and throw it at them, laughing when it hits Jace's face.
"Get out! Now I have to take a shower." I mock complain.
They all laugh and leave.
I hop in the shower and do my business.
I get out dry, my hair and get changed. My birthday outfit.

I finish my make up and curl my hair

I finish my make up and curl my hair. I spritz on my perfume and twirl around, viewing my outfit.
A curled piece of hair sticks out to the side and I frown. I fix it and murmur, "Perfect."
Opening my closet I grab my silver heels and my silver flats.
Holding them in both hands, I walk to the hallway.
I whistle and my dog, Tikki, comes running.
I squat down and pet her head. "Hey pretty girl. I need your help choosing the shoes I'm gonna wear." I put them down and she sniffs them. I turn around to get my bag and phone when I hear a loud 'thump'.
I walk back to Tikki and she's sitting by the trash can. I peer inside and one of my heels is in there.
I rub her nose and thank her.
I grab my flats, putting them on and walk down stairs.
Right before I walk into the kitchen I see a duffle bag. I narrow my eyes in suspicion and head towards it.
I peer at the name tag and open my mouth. "Jayden!" I call out his name.
A couple moments later he walks into the living room.
"What's this?" I ask pointing to the duffle bag that says, Property of Grayson Ryder.
His eyes widen and he opens his mouth then closes it without making a sound.
"Well?" I nag.
"It's-- uhh-- we're bringing clothes to Grayson at the hospital. After school."
He stammers.
I cock an eyebrow. He shrugs and makes his way back to the kitchen.
"Braylon! Come in here please." I hear Parker's voice. I groan and walk through the doors.
When they swing back shut, a loud horn goes of in my ear and I squeal and jump away. A flash goes off in my face and Braydon lowers his camera.
"I hate all of you guys." I tell them, playfully glaring at them.
"Oh, well if you hate us now, then you'll love us tonight." Jace smirks at me.
I roll my eyes and go out to the car.
A couple of minutes later they all pile in.
"So, after school, I'll pick you up and we can go to the hospital to see Grayson." Parker laid out the game plan.
I suppress a sigh and nod. "Ok."

We pull into the campus and I climb out.
I say goodbye and walk inside looking for Ally and Amie.
Before I spot them I see my locker. My hands fly to my mouth and I let out a terrified gasp.
"Oh my GOSH!" On my locker, there's all these embarrassing photos of me. I look completely stupid. I'm making ugly faces in most of them. On the bottom, there's a note.

  I take the note and read it and smile

  I take the note and read it and smile. I check to see who wrote it but there's no signature. I shrug and stick it in my back pack.
  I hear squealing behind me and I turn around.
  Before I can say anything, in squished into a group hug.
   They pull away. "Happy birthday Braylon!" They shout joyfully.
  "Thanks." I say laughing. I point to the pictures.
  "Those. Are. The. Most. Disgusting. Photos. I. Have. Ever. Seen." I tell them through clenched teeth.
  They stop jumping for a second and stare at me wide eyed. I break out into a wide smile. "I'm joking."
  They let out a breath.
"Ally, that picture right there. That is the grossest thing ever." I'm wearing a belt around my head, lipstick all over my face, spandex and a sports bra, and I'm crouching down on the ground, making a nasty face at the camera.
  I look closer at another picture.
"Amie!" I shriek. "Take that one down!" She shakes her head and says, "No can do."
The picture is a picture of me at an amusement park. I'm wearing these huge sunglasses and my hair is in pig tails. I lost a bet. I have blue around my mouth from cotton candy.
  I'm leaning against a big statue, grabbing it like my life depended on it, my leg sticking out.
  I close my eyes and look away, unable to keep looking at the embarrassing photos.
  "You look so pretty today!" Ally says enviously, looking at my dress.
  I look at her. I open my mouth to reply and I feel arms wrapping around my waist.
  "Happy Birthday babe." Aaron's whispers in my ear.
   I turn my head and kiss his cheek.
"I got you something." He said, reaching into his pocket.
  I put my my hand over his. "No. Give it to me at my house."
  He look at me, his stormy eyes pleading. I look back and he sighs.
  "Let's go to class before we are late."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I walk back to my locker. Classes are over and I'm getting ready to go to the hospital to visit Grayson.
   I turn and walk out the hallway, but I freeze when I hear a very familiar voice.
  "Happy Birthday Braylon."
Tears fill my eyes and I turn around.
I cry out in joy and run to him.
  "Happy Birthday Grayson." I hug him as hard as I can.
  "I missed you." He mumbles into my ear.
   I start to cry into his arms.
"I missed you too." I sobbed.

"Sh. Shhhh. It's ok. I'm here." He pulls me into another hug.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 16 folks.
Hope you enjoy.
  I couldn't stand Grayson being in a coma any longer. He still has bandages and broken bones though.
   Anyway, CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR CAME OUT LAST NIGHT AND I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!
  Anyway. Back to a calmer note.
Don't forget to
Vote.
Comment what you think.
Share.
And follow.

I'm gone. ✌️

~ P.W ~