THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22:

GIANNA'S POV:

At school on Friday, I am feeling a little guilty about the whole camping thing. I never felt the need to explain myself when I was with Josh. He didn't even know Jared, Cece and the rest of the crew. I was with Josh for a long time and he never got to know the real me like Caleb has. It was almost as if Josh was only a boyfriend in name. Caleb feels like the real thing.

We've had this camping trip planned for weeks now. We wanted to go before the weather turns cold and for the past few weekends, we've had club appearances and battles. This weekend is the perfect opportunity to do this. Maybe our last opportunity until next spring.

I didn't think it would bother Caleb that I was going camping with the crew, since he knows that they are my friends, but I guess I can see his point when it comes to Jared. I wouldn't want him going on a trip with a girl that wanted him as more than a friend. When I realized that it bothered him, I did the right thing and I invited him along. Shouldn't that count for something?

And what does he say? That he'll 'think about it'. I can tell that he is upset with me. He has been moody all day. I actually do want him to come camping with us. I don't want to seem like the clingy girlfriend and tell him, though. I actually think it'd be nice to cuddle next to him in front of a campfire.

After school, Caleb drives us home in his car. Before we get out of the car, I ask, "So, are you coming with us?"

He looks thoughtful for a moment, then looks me in the eyes, "No."

I am actually surprised. I had thought that he'd say 'yes'. "Oh, okay. What do you plan to do all weekend?"

"I'm sure I can find something to occupy my time, Gianna. I did manage to have a life before you came along," he says sarcastically.

Oh, I see how it is. He's going to play games. He's pissed about me going on a trip with my friends, so he is lashing out. I get out of his car, "Well, have fun having a life this weekend. I know I will," then I slam the car door.

I run inside the house and up to my room. I grab the bag I packed last night, then go downstairs and into the garage. I've missed my Jeep. I get in, start it and wait for the garage door to open. Caleb knocks on my car window. I push the button and as it rolls down, ask, "What?"

"Don't I get a kiss goodbye?" he asks.

"No," I say.

"What are you being so bitchy about?" he asks.

Oh hell no. He did not just call me bitchy. "I don't like your attitude," I tell him.

"Too bad. And Gianna?" he asks.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Don't worry. I won't be doing anything this weekend that you aren't doing," then he turns around and walks into the house.

What the FUCK is that supposed to mean? I squeal out of the driveway. Motherfucker! He just said that to make me worry all weekend about what he's up to. He wouldn't really go hang out with girls, would he? Motherfucker! Yes he would. The whole way to pick up Jared and Cece, I am stewing about what my boyfriend may or may not be doing this weekend.

CALEB'S POV:

Let her think about that! After Gianna leaves, I go up to my room, look around and decide to go stay at my mom's for the weekend. The whole way there, I'm thinking about the fact that Jared will be spending the weekend trying to steal my girlfriend. I thought about going, but that would just make me feel so fucking whipped. Tagging along with my girlfriend and her friends. I have more pride than that. I don't care if Taye is there and I don't care if Gianna said that Dante could come too. All I know is that Jared better keep his hands to himself.