THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27:

CALEB'S POV:

My mom is out of town again, so I tell Gianna that she can use my mom's room to get ready for tonight. After a shower, I take more care in getting ready than I ever have before. I dress in a pair of black dress pants and button down shirt. Not my usual style and I only own these clothes because my mom bought them for me.

I've been on lots of dates before, but this is different. Tonight is about more than meaningless flirtation and a good time in bed. This is about romance. What the f*ck do I know about romance? Obviously not much from what Gianna's teasing has indicated.

I do feel romantic towards Gianna. The problem is my inability to show that with actions and words. I am going to work on that tonight. I want her to know how much she means to me. In the short amount of time that I've know her, she's become my whole world. I left behind a life that now disgusts me and have found something special with her.

God, I hope I don't turn into one of those pathetic guys who holds their girlfriend's purse while watching her shop. I feel like I'm p*ssy-whipped without actually getting to enjoy the p*ssy. Shut up chauvinist pig Caleb, I tell myself. Tonight is supposed to be about romance, not about my lack a s*x life in recent weeks. All in good time.

When I'm ready, I go out to the living room and sit on the couch. I'm sitting there, flipping through channels, when Gianna comes out from my mom's room. My mouth drops open and I quickly close it before she notices. I think. She's wearing a dark blue dress that covers only the tops of her thighs and some black heeled ankle boots.

"What?" Gianna looks down at herself, as if something might be wrong with what she's wearing.

"Nothing," I walk over to her and kiss her lightly on the lips, "You look beautiful."

She smiles up at me, "So, do you."

"Not exactly what I was going for, but as long as you are dying to rip my clothes off, I'm satisfied," I tease.

"I so didn't say that and you know it," she gives me a fake glare.

"I could tell by the look on your face that you were thinking it. I know that look on a girl's face when I see it," as soon as the words leave my mouth, I wish I can take them back. That would be one of those unromantic things I say to her that reminds her of what a man-wh*re I've been in the past.

"You know Caleb--" she starts to say and I can easily guess the rest of it.

I cut her off, "Forget what I just said. All other girls are ugly dogs and you're the most beautiful girl in the world."

She smirks, "That's more like it."

I clear my throat and look at her pointedly. She gives me a confused look and asks, "What?"

"This is where you compliment me back. The romance goes both ways in a relationship," I tell her.

She raises her eyebrows, "Oh really? You want to be romanced? Since you are such an expert on relationships, what should I say?"

I pretend that I'm thinking really hard, "Well, you could say 'Wow Caleb, you look so sexy that I just want to rip off your clothes and lick you all over'. A guy couldn't hear sweeter words than that."

Gianna starts rubbing her forehead like dealing with me is taxing, but I can tell that she's trying not to laugh. "A guy would think that was a romantic thing to say, wouldn't he?"

How to answer that? Carefully, I think. I laugh, "I was just kidding. I didn't really mean that. Ha Ha, funny. Come on, let's go."

She takes the hand that I'm holding out, "No, I think you really did mean that. However, I will tell you this. Caleb, you look very sexy and handsome."