THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20:

GIANNA'S POV:

Last night, Caleb slept in my bed with me and woke me up every hour, just in case I had a concussion. He slipped out of the room before dawn and went back to his room, so my mom wouldn't catch us. In the morning, he drove me to school again. He insists on driving me everywhere, but I don't mind. Although, I don't even know if I'll ever get to drive my Jeep again. Maybe I should demand that we take my car sometimes.

When we got to school, he told Kara and 'the misfits', as he has so fondly nicknamed them, about what Josh had done to me, twice. He leaves out the first incident before I broke up with Josh, when Josh tried to force himself on me. He asked them if they would help keep an eye on me at school. It was sort of embarrassing for them to know about my ex-boyfriend drama, but it did make me feel better to always have someone with me. Josh scared the shit out of me yesterday. He's seriously been acting insane. Caleb was so sweet through it all. Taking care of me at his mom's place, feeding me and trying to cheer me up. Maybe he capable of being a good boyfriend.

We are driving home from school when Caleb says, "I'm dropping you off at home, then I'm going back to school to meet Dante, Taye and Jared. We are going to wait until Josh is out of football practice then confront him."

"Do you think this is such a good idea Caleb? I mean, what if he just gets crazier after this? Maybe we should just call the police on him?" I suggest.

"We could do that, but they would want to speak with your mom and Josh. Josh knows that we're together and it may get back to your mom, through the police. Are you ready for her to find out about us yet?" he asks.

"Ugh, not really. I am NOT looking forward to that at all," I grumble.

"Then, we'll take care of it ourselves," he says.

Before I get out of the car, he pulls me in for a kiss. "Be careful," I tell him. I don't like the idea of Caleb fighting. Even after everything he's done, I don't like the idea of Josh getting beat up, but Josh is scaring the crap out of me. I'd like to be able to walk down the hallways at school without worrying about him attacking me.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck until Caleb comes home. My feelings for him are getting stronger every day. That's starting to scare me too, because he now has the power to really hurt me.

CALEB'S POV:

When I get back to the school's parking lot, I only have to wait thirty minutes for the rest of the guys to show up.

Dante comes up to me, "So, you have a girlfriend?"

I already know what he's getting at, "Yeah, yeah. I've already heard it from everyone else I know. I'm a player. I'll only hurt her, blah, blah, blah."

Dante holds up his hands, "Hey man! I was just saying. You aren't exactly the boyfriend type."

"I agree," Jared says. "You should just stop wasting your time and let me have her now."

"Gianna isn't a possession. Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I can't just hand her over to you. Besides, she chose me, so stop wasting YOUR time," I tell him.

"I never said she was a possession. And don't act like you know her better than me, Caleb. Gigi and I go way back," Jared says.

I mimic him, "Gigi and I go way back! Well, GIANNA and I go forward together from here on out,"

Taye steps between us with a hand on each of our chests, "Hey, we're here to fight with the guy who's been hurting her, not fight amongst ourselves."