THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10:

CALEB'S POV:

After Gianna storms out of the apartment, I lay back onto my bed. Crap! I almost had sex with a virgin. Crap! I almost had sex with my stepsister! We may not be blood related, but I think that is something most people would frown upon. Besides, Julie may like me, but I don't think she'd like me banging her daughter. That woman has some serious issues when it comes to her child. She sees Gianna as her perfect little angel. No wonder she's never caught on to Gianna's Saturday night activities. All she can see is perfect looks and pom-poms.

Speaking of pom-poms, I hope Gianna realizes that she has seen the end of those. I do have to admit, though, that I did love seeing her in that little cheerleading outfit at the football game Friday night. It gave me lots of school spirit. Go Team!

I wonder what number thirteen on her list means? I am blackmailing her. I'm sure I could make her tell me. It's probably some stupid girl thing. Back to the blackmailing thing, shouldn't I be getting more out of it? I guess I am having fun messing around with her life. And I get the satisfaction of knowing that I'm in control.

I guess maybe we didn't just almost have sex. She did say that she had no intention of giving it up to a guy like me. Doesn't want her first time to be with a player. It's like she's asking me to prove her wrong. No! Don't think like that. I don't sleep with virgins. They get too emotional.

I wonder what kind of tattoo she wants. Probably a butterfly or daisy. Chicks always get stuff like that. Speaking of chicks, that was hilarious when Gianna got jealous at the diner of that other girl. What was that girl's name again? Oh well, doesn't matter.

I finally get up to go home. When I get there, I park out front and go inside. I hope it isn't awkward between me and Gianna, but I mostly hope that she isn't still pissed.

I go inside and can hear Julie and my dad talking in the kitchen. I walk into the living room and Gianna is sitting in front of the television playing video games with Chance.

"Hey," I say.

They both turn around, "Hey Caleb! Watch me play!" Chance says.

Gianna smiles sweetly at me and says, "Hi Caleb."

"Hi?" I say, confused. Isn't she pissed at me? Wasn't she the one who said, 'peace out motherfucker'?

I sit down on the couch behind them and watch them play. Gianna turns around and whispers to me, "Hey Caleb?"

"Yeah?" I ask. What's with the whispering? I lean forward and so does she.

"You know what we were talking about earlier?" she asks.

"Yeah," I say. Not exactly sure.

"Well, I think you were right," she whispers.

"Right about what?" I ask, still confused.

"We'll talk about it later," she says. "Come to my room later."

"Dinner's ready!" Julie calls from the dining room. Okay, not sure what Gianna is talking about, but I guess we'll talk about it later.

We all go to the dining room and sit down to eat. Gianna is acting really happy, which is making me wonder what the hell happened between her leaving my mom's apartment and her coming here.

After dinner, I go upstairs and check my email. I feel weird going over to Gianna's room, but eventually I make my way over there. I knock on the door and hear her call, "Come in!" I go inside and shut the door. She is sitting at her desk in front of her computer watching music videos online. "Hey Caleb! What's up?"

"You said you wanted to talk about something that I was right about earlier," I say.

"Oh yeah. Well, the way you acted about me being a virgin, well you were right," she says.

"I was?" I ask.

"Yes, you were and I've decided that it's time I lost my virginity," she says.

"Gianna, I told you I don't mess around with virgins," I tell her.

"No, not you! Jared!" she says.

"What the fuck Gianna? You are not having sex with Jared!" I yell.

"Shh! Do you want my family to hear? And why not Jared? He's one of my best friends. From the kiss he gave me last night, I can tell we have some chemistry. He isn't a jerk like Josh or a player like you. He's perfect!" She says. Okay, I didn't see any of this coming. She is technically right. If she is going to lose her virginity, she should lose it to a guy like Jared, but that doesn't mean I'll be letting that happen.

"So, when do you plan on this happening?" I ask her.

"I figure the sooner the better. I'll see Jared on Saturday, so probably then," she says.

Good to know when I should be prepared to stop this mistake. I need to stay informed about all of her plans if I am to stop it from happening. "Okay and why are you telling me this?"

"Duh! I need your help?" she says.

"You need my help to lose your virginity . . . to Jared?" I ask skeptically.

"Of course, you are the number one man-whore I know! You can give me pointers and help me out with what lingerie to wear. We'll go to Victoria's Secret together! You know, you may as well add this to my list. Lose my virginity." she says excitedly.

"Okay," is all I can say. What the hell have I done? I wanted to be a bad influence on Gianna for the right reasons, not the wrong ones. Sure I've had sex with a lot of girls. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a man-whore and I have slept with loads of easy girls, but I can't let that happen to Gianna. She is special. She deserves her first time to be special. Most of all, though, I don't want anyone else touching her. Not that douche Jared, not that date-rapist Josh, no one. Since I can't have sex with her, I think the best plan is that Gianna just stays a virgin. Huh, I wonder how she'd take it if I tried blackmailing her into staying a virgin.

GIANNA'S POV:

After Caleb left my room, I buried my face in a pillow and let all of my laughter out. That was the funniest thing ever! I had a hard time controlling my laughter when he was here, but I did. That's what he gets for treating me like a leper just because I'm a virgin. And I meant it when I said earlier today that I would never lose my virginity to a player like him. I have no intention of having sex with Jared on Saturday night. I mean, I'm not totally against the idea of sex, but I figure it'll happen when it's meant to. It just hasn't happened yet for me.

The look on his face. Or I should say the many looks on his face, shock, jealousy, irritation, anger. Oh, it was a beautiful sight! He probably thought he kept his cool too, but I was looking out for it. I'm wondering how far I should take this revenge. I think I'll take it as far as I can without actually having sex with Jared. Caleb deserves it for blackmailing me and insulting me.

I knew this would work. I had to deal with Josh's jealous and possessive ass for long enough to know that no matter what Caleb feels about me or my virgin status, that the thought of me having sex with Jared would bother him. Caleb may not want to be with me, but being territorial just comes naturally to guys.