THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18:

GIANNA'S POV:

When Caleb and Jared start fighting, I take off walking with Cece. Stupid boys. I can't believe the things Jared said. Cece is walking next to me down 16th Street. For once she is quiet. "Cece?"

"Yeah Gi?" she asks, glancing nervously at me sideways.

"Did you know how Jared felt about me?" I ask.

"Um . . . Yeah," she says.

I stop at a bench and pull her down to sit next to me, "Why didn't he tell me until now?"

"He wanted to, but you were with Josh for a long time and before that, he was just too nervous. He's my brother, so of course I want you to give him a chance. But, I'm also your best friend and I have to tell you to do whatever you feel is right," she says.

"What do you think about Caleb?" I ask.

"He seems nice enough and he is protective of you," she says carefully.

"No, I mean, do you agree with Jared? That Caleb will only hurt me?" I ask.

"Gigi, I honestly don't know him well enough, but I was there was Jared asked Taye about him and he does have a bad past when it comes to girls. Lots of girls," she says with pity in her eyes.

"I know, but people can change and he is trying to prove it to me," I tell her.

"What do you think your mom is going to say? About you dating Scott's son?" she asks.

"She's not going to say anything because I'm not telling her," I can tell Cece is shocked, but she already knows the secrets I keep from my mom, so she shouldn't be surprised.

My phone starts ringing 'Good Girls Go Bad' by Cobra Starship. I roll my eyes, it's Caleb's ringtone. I guess the stupid boys are done proving how tough they each are. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?" he says.

"Where the hell are you?" I ask him back.

"You're not funny Gianna. Why did you take off like that?" he asks.

"Because maybe I didn't want to see my boyfriend and best friend beat the shit out of each other," I tell him.

"He started it," he says like a little kid.

"Do you always get into a fight when you don't like what someone has to say?" I ask him.

"Not always. Where are you?" he asks again.

"In front of the movie theater," I tell him.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes," he says.

"Whatever," I say and hang up.

"He's coming?" Cece asks.

"Yeah," I say with a scowl.

Cece laughs, "Act like that all you want Gigi, you're totally in love with him."

"Am not!" I say.

A few minutes later, Caleb comes strolling up, acting as if he did nothing wrong, he asks Cece, "Hey, do you need a ride home?"

Cece smirks, "Are you sucking up to me because you tried to beat up my brother?"

Caleb gets a smug look on his face, "There was no trying involved. I kicked his ass."

"From the looks of you, it looks like Jared held his own," I tell him with my own smirk.

Caleb gives me an annoyed look, "Well he looks worse."