§ bonus chapter §

as promised :)

[ b e t h ' s p o i n t o f v i e w ]

"WE WON!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, my voice mixing with the joyous cheers of the crowd. All of the team, me included, huddled up together, screaming and jumping like this was the last time. I gripped the strap of my violin case tightly, making sure it didn't get damaged from all our screaming and victory-dancing.

"You guys are the best!" screamed our coach. We all were crying so much that I was surprised we didn't flood the place.

I looked around excitedly in the sea of people for my parents, and found my mother frantically waving her arms. I ran to her and my dad instantly, weaving through the crowd and landing in their open arms.

"Congratulations! I knew you could do it, love," my father screamed over the deafening screams. I wrapped my arms around me, and he followed the suit.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see it," he said into my ear. I pulled back and saw the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Dad, I already told you, it's alright. You being here is more than enough," I tell him again, pulling him in for one last hug before turning to my mom.

"So proud of you," she said, tears in her eyes. She pulled me in for a hug, and I gladly let her wrap her arms around me. My dad followed, wrapping his arms around the both of us (rather clumsily). We stay that way for a while before I was called up for a group picture on the stage.

Me and my teammates smiled to the cameras flashing their blinding lights at us, and the smiles were genuine. I mean, who wouldn't be happy if they got the title of International Ensemble Competition champions?

I saw my parents in the crowd, and smiled even wider. They were smiling. They were happy. And because of that, I am happy.

My dad couldn't see because of an accident he and my mom got into when they were in high school, but he still stood strong. He had lost the ability to do most of the things he loved, one of them being soccer.

According to Mom, he's gone through so many failed eye operations that were believed to be able to give him back his eyesight. To say he was disappointed would be an understatement.

He tried to have his eyes operated again before the competition. I heard him talking--or more like screaming--with Mom. It was terrible.

"I just want to see her. At least once," I heard him croak out from their room.

"But love, you know it wo--"

"No. It will work. This time it will--"

"It doesn't ma--"

"Yes it does! It does matter, even if you say it doesn't a million times over!"

She started to cry, and so did he.

"I- I d-didn't mean to scream, love. Fuck, I'm sorry. Please don't cry."

She sobbed, and he sobbed, and said, "I'm so sorry Faye. I just really want to see her. And you."

"P-please don't. We almost l-lost you last time. Please Cam."

They both broke down, and I did too, covering my mouth so they wouldn't know I was eavesdropping.

He goes through so much pain every single day. I thought he was used to it, but he wasn't. And yet he pushed through it for us.

My dad was my inspiration. He pushed me to do all that I've accomplished now. Quite literally, because I only started to fancy the violin when I heard my dad's playlist of classical music.

My mother was a strong woman. She loved my dad despite his blindness and helped him realize that just because he was blind, didn't mean he was useless. She held our family together, being the breadwinner of our family. She cared after me and Dad, whilst balancing her job and all finances in her hands. She was an amazing woman. Still is up until now.

As I smiled for the camera, I prayed in my head, thank you Lord for giving me the most perfect family I could wish for.

[ YSABELLE'S BACK AFTER DISAPPEARING FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS! CELEBRATE/RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ]

soo yeah that's the bonus chap, in their daughter's pov. i know it's not exactly what y'all might've expected, but i really wanted to do this, so... yeah.

this is the very last chapter i'll be posting ;-; it's over for realsss

but anyways, thanks for reading my story!! i hope you enjoyed reading as much as i enjoyed writing :)

lurve y'all ^v^

--y