Chapter Twenty-Six

Decisions, decisions...

- Mina's P.o.v-

"I... I don't actually know." Was my only response to Konan, how could I respond? She sighed, probably feeling all my current emotions.
"Well whatever you decide, I'll help." She gave the most comforting smile I had ever seen her show, it felt kind of nice to have such reassurance. It was enough to set off some waterworks, however my brain quickly responded, in some sort of attempt to cheer me up. "Help, from an Akatsuki member, how I've fallen." She smiled sensing my joke.
The moment turned sour as we heard a knock echo through the room. I felt my heart freeze in fear, was it Madara? Cause I really wasn't in any mood for it.

"Who is it?" Konan called out. It was but a moment later someone responded. "Kisame."
I quickly soaked back by tears and forced myself to calm down within five second. "What do you want salmon-breath?" Of course I had to add my annoying little nickname to show I was fine. But I was bound to get questioned with my sudden change in personality.
"The others sent me to find out if there was something wrong, and by others it was Tobi who raised some concern for the annoying cretin." You could almost hear his own annoyance, clearly being forced against his will to be on the other side of the door.
I nodded to Konan, whom quickly went to open the door, letting him into the women's den.
"Kisame, can I trust you?" I asked, his expression was completely deadpan. "No, I'm a criminal." Was all he responded and that's all I needed.

"You remind me of someone I used to know, he was cold hearted as hell on the outside but had some sweetness inside and was rather loyal." I started, remembering the boy I used to know, but quickly as they came I dismissed them, carrying on. "I for some reason trust you more than any of those other clowns out there-"
"With good reason." He interrupted. I smiled slightly knowing he did mean well.
"And so I trust you with this information... Please don't tell anyone, I can't threaten you with your life since I am not match for any of you, really... But I trust that you won't tell them, but... I'm pregnant." At first he was silent, unsure of how to react to that, clearly not expect me to entrust him with that information. He nodded slowly, still a confused look within his eyes.
"Any request as to what I tell anyone who asks?" He finally said, I smiled knowing I was right on my instinct to trust Kisame.
I shrugged to his question. "Could you make something up?" I questioned back. He came over and ruffled my hair once more, and left without another word.

"Why on earth would you tell him, I don't know..." She stated with a sigh.
I in turn just fell on the nearest bed, curling up into a ball. "I'm not sure myself... But I know he won't tell anyone." I had to have some confidence in the fish.
I could literally hear Konan shake her head before speaking again. "I'll be back later if you don't come out."
And so she left, while I sat in the room, thinking about all the possibilities and outcomes of what I can do.

A few weeks passed, I hid my pregnancy well from Madara and others, Kisame kept his end of the bargain, by saying kept it up I mean he left with Itachi to do their mission before he could tell anyone. Konan supported me as well as she could but she was needed in Amegakure, so she left too.
I wasn't sure what to do when it came to the baby, this was no place to have a pregnancy or even a child. Madara certainly wouldn't accept a child, I was terrified he would make me send it away, and I've always wanted a baby of my own, even if it was a baby to an all powerful ninja, it was my baby none-the-less. And I wasn't about to give it up.

So that's what made my mind up.

I kissed Madara's forehead as he slept deeply, examining his features, knowing I wouldn't be seeing it again for a long time maybe even forever.
"I love you... So, so much... I'm sorry, I can't stay here this time." I whispered to him, he soon stirred but stayed asleep. I got up quickly, leaving nothing behind. I found my way to the entrance leaving, not even soaring a look back. Scared that I'd see Madara or someone, I ran.

-Madara's P.o.v-

I woke up and rolled over, to put my arm around her, but was met by a cold bed. My eyes shot open as I flinched up abruptly, looking around, I saw her bag missing. And that only could mean one thing, I slipped my mask on and shot out of the hideout, trying frantically to sense her chakra, even if she was in the area and tried to hide it, I could still sense it before and yet now... Nothing.

I didn't know what to feel, sorrow, anger, confused... I quickly punched the tree next to me, continuously.

She left me. Again.

"Why, why, why?" I growled out with every punch.
What went wrong? What did I do? Why did she leave?
All these questions raced within my head. I wanted answers and I wanted her back, I leaned against the tree.

"I'm sorry... I may not be able to keep your promise."

A/N: Dun dun dun~! Sorry it's so short! I needed to wrap this up ;-;
This is the end of Part one of this lovely adventure. What could that promise mean? And to who? Find out in part two~