Intriguing Nights

Izuru's POV
"I'm so happy you were able to find such trash like me!" A cold yet familiar voice shouted. I had made my way to a strange, abandoned building on the outskirts of town when I just knew it was where (y/n) was. I froze in my tracks as soon as I heard the voice, scanning the spacious room. I guess I was in some sort of parking garage, but there was an office building built on top.

"Nagito," I snarled, kicking the ground underneath me. "Where the fuck is she?!"

"Now now, it's ok!" He laughed, suddenly standing right next to me. I stumbled a bit in the other direction, obviously caught off guard. He merely laughed more, an eerie glint in his eyes.

"I'm so glad that my Plan worked out, Kamakura-sama! It's a pleasure to meet you, you know, when you're not lunging at (y/n)'s throat!!"

"You. Have. Her," I growled, causing Komaeda to smirk even wider. "Give her back."

"That sure is odd~" he chuckled, turning a bit to the side. "If I do recall, you want to kill her, don't you? So why do you want her so bad? I'd gladly take care of her for you!"

"NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!! If you don't show me where she is, I swear I'll slit your fucking thr-"

"Alright, alright. Since my experiment played out well, I guess we can be done for now," He sighed. "But of course, not without a little game!"

"The fuck," I muttered, suddenly feeling him try to fight against me. What did he want now? This was the worst possible time. I pushed him back as hard as I could, not letting him intervene.

"I've hidden (y/n) in one of these rooms in the building. She's probably in a deep sleep, so you won't hear her at all. If you can find her in fifteen minutes, I'll make it so that you can be the permanent owner of that body."

I felt my other self claw at me from within, wanting control. I had to suppress him as best as I could, but it was an uphill battle.

"And if I don't find her?" I asked, feeling tense with stress.

"Well, there's no way I could let worthless trash like Hajime take control of that body for good. So I would probably just leave you as is."

I couldn't fight him anymore. He yanks at me, and I suddenly am brought to my knees on the ground. While I usually let him win, just because I'm tired, I didn't want him to win this time. Instead of feeling him take control, I felt something different. Like he was...... S t r o n g e r . . . . . .

????'s POV

"Hajime? I know you're worthless garbage, but you don't need to kneel down and lick my... boots, of all things," a voice muttered as I lulled out of slumber. I slowly pulled myself up to my feet, and found myself face to face with a pale, skeletal boy.

"Hey, you're not Hajime...." The boy murmured, looking at me with wide eyes. Komaeda. That's what his name was. They remind me of the situation at hand. I feel a spark ignite within me, like I am white hot and powerful.

"Deal is off," I said abruptly, catching the boy off guard. "I will not let any of my other selves take complete control. For the sake of (y/n)... No, for the sake of the world!!"

I then began to sprint to the other side of the parking garage, where the stairs were. As I tool off I heard Komaeda erupt into a hysteric laugh. It was chilling and... inhuman, but I just ignored it. The building wasn't very wide, but it had at least seven or eight floors to it. I didn't want to leave (y/n) alone for a second longer.

After scouring what felt like millions of room, I finally came across a discreet broom closet on the far side of the top floor. Sure enough, I flicked on the lights and found a room only containing (y/n) tied to a chair in the center of the room.

While the sight was disturbing and caught me off guard, I shook my head and ran over to untie her. She was sound asleep, which was pretty strange. Did Komaeda drug her? I cradle her on my arms as I make my way back to my cottage.