Picturesque Evenings

By the time 3 pm rolled around, Akane was still sprawled out on the sofa, sleeping soundly. We all agreed to just leave her alone, but Ibuki took the liberty of playing a game of 'let's see how many objects we can put on Akane before she wakes up' with herself.

I had already begun to prepare myself for the date when I heard a loud scream followed by a thud and some giggling.

I scrambled out of my room to try to figure out where the sound had come from, and was surprised by the sight of Akane laying face down on the floor while Ibuki died of laughter. Sonia, who had just woken up, was also shocked by the scene before us, but got over it in a matter of seconds.

"Kyaaa~!! Did Ibuki surprise you?!" She jeered, dancing around Akane. I decided it was best to just.... forget I ever saw that.

After some time had passed, I heard a loud knocking at our door. I dashed over excitedly to be greated by a smiling Hajime. Filled with glee, I pulled him into a brief embrace.

"So, where do you want to go, (y/n)-san?" He asked as we walked side-by-side down the sidewalk.

"Hinata-kun, aren't you supposed to figure these things out, I don't know, before you take me out?" I nagged, causing him to become flushed with embarrassment. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it again. "No, don't worry. It honestly doesn't bother me. What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking we go get a bite to eat then take a walk, but it's up to you, really."

"That sounds awesome to me," I responded, closing my eyes and inhaling the ocean air. "I don't really care what we do, as long as we spend time together."

"Haha, agreed!" He exclaimed. We didn't speak again until we arrived at the restaurant, which wasn't too far away. I was enjoying myself so far, but it couldn't help but feel awkward. We sat together and dined in silence for a few minutes. Eventually, we ended up joking around to the point where Hajime ended up laughing so hard that pop ended up coming out of his nose.

After we finished eating, we wandered the beach together while the sunset. Everything was going pretty smoothly until we were startled by a group of boys running around the beach.

"Shit," Hajime murmured, his eyes widening in shock.

"Oi! Hinata-kun! Who is this?!" A boy with sharp teeth and neon pink hair exclaimed, circling around us. Hajime turned bright red and hid his face in his hands as I stared at him confused.

"Wow, why on earth would this girl go with someone completely talentless?" a white haired boy scoffed coldly. I heard Hajime groan before looking up at the group of boys with an irritated expression.

"Souda, Nekomaru, kazuichi, tanaka, please fuck off," he growled, causing a strange looking boy wearing a thick purple scarf to growl and wave his bandaged hands.

"How dare you, mere mortal, order around the forces of Gundham Tanaka?!?" he exclaimed, causing the white haired boy to place his hand on his shoulder.

"Now now, let's leave Hajime and his little lady friend alone," some boy who was immeasurably tall and buff stated as the group of boys walked away, shooting Hajime and I both dirty and friendly looks.

"Um, what the fuck?!" I exclaimed as I turned to an embarrassed Hajime, his lip quivering and hands sweating.

"Don't pay it any mind," he stammered as he began to walk off slowly.

"I don't dislike them, so if you know them you don't have to worry," I added.

"Y-yeah. They're my roommates, ok?! Just don't worry about it," he explained with evident pain.

"Oh... Ok," I stammered, obviously hurt by his sudden lashing out.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you," he sighed, the sun setting behind him.

"Whatever," I puffed as I tried to turn away. He quickly grabbed my wrist, then rested his head on my shoulder.

"Seriously, I don't even know what I was thinking," he murmured. "I'm sorry." My face turned pinker than the evening sky.

"I-it's fine, really!" I panicked, as he stood up straight again and pulled me close to him. Oh my god. We stood like that for a minute, the waves crashing and gulls chirping behind us.

"Wanna go get some ice cream or something?!" I exclaimed in a desperate attempt to salvage the awkwardness of the date.

"Um... Sure," he muttered, a bashful expression on his face as we walked hand-in-hand to a small ice cream stall on the side of the beach. After eating it, we both took off our shoes and ran along the waves, splashing water at each other and running around like giggling idiots. Once the sun has set, Hajime walked me back to my cottage. Before I could go in for the night, he quickly grabbed me by the shoulders and flipped me around.

"Goodnight, (y/n)-chan," he whispered, quickly planting a kiss on my cheek before walking away quickly. I cupped my hand over the spot where he kissed me, my face bright red and my eyes wide in shock.

"He is something else," I whispered to myself before opening the cabin door and closing it behind me.