Offputting Days

After the events of the night before, I decided to avoid wandering outside during the night at all costs. I didn't want that knife to actually cut me, you know.

I woke up the next morning with a bitter taste in my mouth, and a sinking feeling in myself that something was wrong. I wasn't sure what, but something felt like it was out of place. So I did what anyone would have done; got ready for my day. I contemplated wandering out again, but I decided to put it off unless one of the girls wanted to go with me.

By the time afternoon had came, it felt weird to not have received even a single word from Hajime. It seemed like Izuru couldn't take control of his body for much longer than a few hours, and he would have at least called or texted me by then. Suddenly, the silence and sereneness of the house was interrupted by a few loud knocks on the door.

"Hello?! Is (y/n)-San here?" A shaky yet vaguely familiar voice exclaimed through the door. I peered through the peephole to see two boys from the group that I met on the beach from a few days ago. I flung the door open as soon as I could.

"Hey, (y/n)-San, we're Hinata-kun's friends. I'm Kazuichi Souda, and this here with me is Gundham," a short pink haired boy explained. They both seemed uneasy and worried, but yet energetic as usual.

"Greetings, mortal. I am Gundham Tanaka. Be sure to remember me name, for it shall one day rule this world!" the other boy added, making weird gestures as he did so. Souda rolled his eyes at him.

"Anyways, we were wondering if you had seen Hinata or our other roommate Nagito at all recently," Souda asked meekly. I felt a sharp pain in my side, and I momentarily became a deer caught in the headlights.

"Why do you ask?" I wondered aloud, trying to play off my shock.

"It appears as if the gray entity and the unidentifiable demon have escaped from the power of the ever seeing evil eye," Gundham explained.

"We haven't seen them all day," Souda translated.

"I haven't seen them either..." I stammered in response, contemplating whether or not to tell them of the events of last night. "But if you want, I'll help you guys look!"

"By any chance, could you get your friend to come as well?" Souda asked as he gestured towards Sonia, who was watching the encounter in the background. Gundham proceeded to punch him lightly in the chest in response. I grabbed my purse and phone quickly before leaving and shutting the door behind me.

"I might know where to look," I muttered as I followed the path I took the night before, the two boys trailing behind me. "Thanks for coming with me, by the way. I've been anxious to go anywhere by myself lately."

"Whys that?" Souda asked, some slight irritation in his voice.

"What being dares to disturb the almighty power of the crystal queen?" Gundham added.

"I dunno, I'd rather just not talk about it. But thanks again for coming with me."

Once I made it to the spot from last night, I froze for a short who in an attempt to locate the path that they took the night before. Once I assured myself of the direction, I told the boys that I had last seen them around there, and they both went that way.

"Thanks. You don't need to worry, we'll take it from here," Souda smiled as he tried to pat me on the head. "And we'll bring in the help of our other friend too. You're in good hands."

"Thanks..." I stammered, pretending to be content with his assurance. I wasn't going to just sit on my ass and wait for them to "save" him. I walked a few steps back to my house after saying our farewells before searching the streets in pursuit of some sort of building where they could be.

Suddenly, I saw a large building which resembled a warehouse, and I felt incredibly sick to my stomach, my eyes widening. I knew that they were in there.

My heart beating sporadically, I placed yet hands on the doorknob and pried open the door with very little give. The interior was pitch black, but I knew deep down that it certainly wasn't empty. I turned on my phone flashlight and aimlessly wandered around the empty, pitch black warehouse. Suddenly, the lights flickered on, and I immediately was knocked to the ground in shock. I heard faint laughing in the background, and I spotted a waifish figure that seemed familiar on the catwalk above me.

"Amazing! I'm so surprised that you could fall into the trap of some trash like me!"