Apathetic Afternoons

After somehow drifting off on the couch, I was abruptly awoken by someone ringing the doorbell. Sonia and the others all decided to go swimming, but I decided to stay back because I wasn't really up for it.

"Yeesh, I'm coming!" I shouted as I stormed over to the door only to be greeted by a grinning Hajime.

"Good afternoon!" He chimed, causing me to let out a light giggle.

"Hey," I responded, moving out of the way as if to let him in. "What brings you here?"

"The boys went out to the beach, but I wasn't really feeling up to it, y'know?" He sighed as he slumped over on the couch. I sit on the other side, leaving a large gap between us. "Where are all your roommates?"

"Same thing," I stammered, my gaze fixating on a spot on the ground.

"Are you ok, (y/n)-chan? You seem kinda out of it," he asked as he slumped a little and crossed his arms.

"Eh, something weird happened last night... I met some guy with long black hair when I was wandering on the beach..." I murmured, letting the words flow out of me. Hinata's eyes widened, his face turning red as he held his breath.

"No..." He whispered, trembling slightly. "Don't tell me... you met him..."

"Well, he was wearing the exact outfit that you were yesterday... And he introduced himself to me as Izuru Kamakura. Talk about an outdated name!" I chuckled, even though I knew something was wrong.

"No... No... This is all wrong..." Hinata murmured, tears falling onto his legs. "I didn't want you to meet him..."

"Who is he?" I replied, worry balling up in my chest.

"He-um, I was experimented on when I was younger," he explained, his head hung parallel to the ground. "So, Izuru is sort of a part of me. I'll tell you the details some other time, but I guess he took control of my body last night. It won't happen again, I promise."

"Woah... So why does he have long black hair and red eyes?" I asked coyly.

"I-I'm not sure, ok?! But if you're ever with me and I transform, don't be afraid to leave. I can't control him yet."

"That's so scary, Hinata-kun. I could never live like that. I admire you," I sighed, somehow not shocked by his story. I rose from the couch and poured two cups of some lemonade Sonia made earlier, handing one to him as I sat down. "But it doesn't bother me."

"That's-that's good to hear," he smiled before taking a sip of lemonade. "Quick question, did Izuru say or do anything strange last night?"

I nearly choke on lemonade, a sharp stabbing pain in my chest. Shit. I tried to forget about that...

"No, nothing at all!" I bluffed, waving my hands in dismissal. He took my first kiss, and here I am, bluffing as if nothing happened. Gosh, I'm pathetic.

"Un. Alright," he responded uneasily. "So anyways, I wanted to ask you something."

"Which is?"

"Do you want to go hiking with me tomorrow? Yeah, it's sort of lame, but I thought it'd be fun. It's ok if you don't want to." He flashes an innocent smile, causing my cheeks to flush bright red.

"Uh, sure! I'll look forward to it," I chimed in response. We chat with each other for a few hours before the girls end up barging in.

"Hey, hey! Who's this guy, (y/n)-chan?! Ibuki thinks he's your boyfriend!" Ibuki cried, soaking wet as she forgot to bring a towel to the beach.

"Hey, you never told us you had a boyfriend," akane sulked half heartedly. Hinata's eyes widened and he grew all flustered, muttering a goodbye before rushing out the door.

"We aren't like that," I sighed tiredly. "I've been going out with him, but we aren't official yet."

"I had speculated so!" Sonia cried enthusiastically as she struck a dramatic pose. "Anyways, you look absolutely exhausted! Why don't you return to your bed early?"

"I'm going to, if that's alright," I said emotionlessly as I stood up from the couch.

"Of course!" Sonia exclaimed. Just as my hand touched my doorknob, she dashed over and tapped my shoulder. "Just in case, that boy you were with seems nice."

Wow, thanks.