1.8 - Hello Humans

It felt like an eternity of awkward silence had settled upon us before we reached the gates of hell.

There were two guards, one at each side of the gate and they seemed to stand ten foot tall. They had black cloaks that masked their skeletal features. They loomed over our heads, and I cowered behind Michael's shadow as I stood behind him, my hand subconsciously slipping into his.

"I'll handle this," Ashton mumbled under his breath so only we would hear. He then proceeded to mumble some charms under his breath, before the two guards heads dropped, and it was obvious they were unconscious.

"My turn," Rena rubbed her hands together in an evil fashion, before dancing over to the left hand guard.

"Babe be careful," Calum warned as he crossed his arms, and she flipped him off before delving her hand into the guards cloak.

I stepped forward to stop her when I felt Michael's hand around my waist, holding me back as his other hand rested over my mouth.

"I suggest you stay quiet or you'll blow it," He whispered and I slowly nodded into his hand, agreeing to keep quiet.

I watched as Rena pulled her fist from the cloaks, revealing a small black key that must open the gates.

"It can't be that easy," I told Michael with wide eyes and he shook his head.

"That's because it isn't."

"Your turn Luke," Rena handed the key to the tall blonde, and he silently took it, running his hand over it as he looked at the gate with a blank expression, stepping up to it.

"What's he going to do?" I asked Michael, looking up into his green eyes as they stared over at Luke in a willing manner.

"There's several different key holes in the gate and he has to use a certain combination to open it. To most the code is too hard to crack but Luke has this psychic ability that when he's in contact with an inanimate object, he can extract certain information from it," Michael quietly explained and I nodded, watching Luke as he placed one hand on the gate, before slipping the key inside at different points.

We all watched with baited breath as the gate remained intact before jolting open.

"Well done Lucas," Calum patted him on the back, and the blonde turned around, giving us all wide smiles as we began to shuffle quickly from the gate.

Michael was last out, closing the gate behind him with a resigned sigh. I stayed by his side, subconsciously slipping my hand into his.

"You're going to be the death of me Ang."