Chapter 30 - oleka

Start from the beginning

Allowing the spray can to take over, I got lost as my hand directed the nozzle to create holographic cubes. My head tilted as I looked it over. Hm. Not bad.

Taylor looked as if she was deep in thought, a black shaken can in her shaky hands. Her forefinger was hovering over the actuator, deciding. Her drunken state made her sway a lot. Her eyes were concentrated on the wall as if there was a portal that only she could see, but slightly droopy with the alcohol influence. 

After much thought, she leaned over, nibbling her lip and drew a huge 'a'. Except, it was upside down. 

-

Taylor's POV

Besides the bunch of spray paint, one thing-well a lot-of things we got from Walmart was alcohol, mostly cherry vodka. My sight was blurred by the drizzling rain and the huge amount of alcohol I downed. The blurriness made the quiet traffic look beautiful in a way, the yellow headlights and red break lights flared making my vision a bokeh filter. 

5 am. My face tilted towards the sky, allowing the soft drizzle of rain to slide down my face. We were sitting on the roof of the school, overlooking the continuous maze of Brooklyn alleys. He eyed my jacket as I placed it around my shoulders. 

"Drinking game?" Brad piped. 

A small smile tugged my lips. "Why not?"

I turned facing him, cross legged, a bottle of cherry vodka in my hand. 

"I remember something about you, if its right, you drink, if its not, I drink." he smirked a cute lopsided smile. 

"Vice versa?" I raised a brow before he nodded.

This was easy. What didn't I know about him. 

"You fell of the monkey bars and bruised your...." I stopped to think. "Left knee." 

His eyes widened slightly in surprise at my memory. Drunkenness dulls my common sense but not my memory. He smirked before nodding while his lips touched the bottle. 

"You hate oranges." he smirked. 

I nodded, bringing the vodka up to my lips.

True.

"You hate strawberries." I retorted. True.

"Age 9, you ate a green crayon because Billy said it was apple flavoured." he said between chuckles. 

An amused gasp escaped my lips before I shoved him playfully on the shoulder. 

"It was apple scented!" I slurred. True. 

"Age 12, you had a crush on that new girl, Amanda." I scrunched my nose in disgust. 

To my surprise, he shook his head. "Drink." he demanded.  False.

"Wha- no way I was so right." I retorted, chuckling. 

"If its false, you drink." he recited the rules again, a smirk etched on his lips. 

"You totally had a crush on her." I murmured, bringing the bottle to my lips. 

"I was just making you jealous." he whispered, almost to himself. 

"You were wha-" 

"The first time you sneaked out was when you were 14, and you only came to my room across from your's and ran back home crying because you couldn't stand lying." he cut me off, laughing wildly after his accusation.

I threw my head back in laughter, joining him. 

"I was young." I pouted, before drinking yet again. True.

The short silence accompanied the drizzling rain as I thought of one truth. 

"You kissed Vinny."

The words itself seemed disgusting as they rolled off my tongue. The memory of the horrid day returning. His eyes looked up at me, his brows furrows in a small frown before he hesitantly drank. 

True. 

"You love Bryce." he accused.

Unspoken tension built as my eyes seemed to stare down on his. 

"All out." I said, tipping the bottle upside down. 

His eyes never left mine as his hand rummaged through the plastic bag before pulling out a brand new bottle. I raised my brows. He studied me carefully as I opened the bottle. Enjoying his impatience, I did it as slow as possible. He started nibbling his soft plump lips in anticipation. I eyed his perfect face as I brought it closer and closer to my lips. 

"Drink." I announced, before lowering the bottle. 

In that moment, I don't know if it was my drunkenness or if his smile was one of the biggest smile I ever saw. He did one of those boyish head flicks before drinking, a smirk playing on his lips. 

The drizzling rain has dampened my hair down, making it stick to the back of the leather jacket that was draped over my shoulders, emitting the soft sound of pattering water. 

In a short distance, across the school, one of the lit apartment windows portrayed the shadow of a gramophone and an old couple waltzing. The serene peacefulness of the night echoed the music till it was swarming around us.

Brad stood up swaying a little under the influence before he held out a soft hand. 

"May I have this dance?" he bowed slightly. 

A giggle escaped my lips, "Of course." 

Our hands made contact making my stomach erupt in fluttering butterflies. He placed a gentle hand on my waist while his other held mine. Gingerly, I placed a hand atop his shoulder. Before we knew it, we were waltzing amidst the soft water droplets. My two left feet kept stumbling on his before we would engulf in giggles. A soft silence accompanied the music as we danced. 

Slowly, the music came to and end. I dropped a smile I didn't know was plastered across my face. Those familiar green specks in his hazel eyes pulled me away from any tinge of reality. 

Before I knew it, he leaned in so close our breaths mingled through the rain. And in that moment, a warm sensation throughout my whole body prickled through my soft skin as his lips crashed into mine. 

oleka (n.) the awareness of how truly memorable some memories are. 

Okayy! Sorry for the late updates guys! I'll be updating a bit more soon. Hope you all liked this chapter! What did you think about it? Do comment and vote. Thanks for reading! <33