XXVI

Kylo was waiting for the right moment. He had made his mind up after Anakin had left him that he would go back to Luna. And in that moment, he already felt the change begin to take place within him – from the Dark to the Light. And it felt nice.

It had been weeks but he had yet to find the right moment to denounce the First Order and Supreme Leader Snoke.

His mind often drifted to Luna, and her, his, their baby. And how she was doing. Was she okay? Was she safe? Comfortable? He didn't know. He hoped she was well. And when he faced Snoke, he knew that he would see her soon.

Kylo was deep in his thoughts when he received a transmission from Supreme Leader Snoke. He blinked a few times and the beeping transmitter before getting up and walking over to read the message. He was to complete his final test in his presence. Kylo was shocked; he didn't think that Snoke thought he was ready. Kylo concluded that this would be the perfect moment to confront Snoke and hopefully find his way back to Luna.

But there was a bittersweet feeling about what he was about to do. He would be reunited with his beloved, but he would also say goodbye to the life he has lead for the past 10 years. He would say goodbye to General Hux. Whilst, in most cases, he annoyed him and Kylo often found himself plotting ways to kill him, Kylo was feeling sorrowful about leaving him.

Before making his way to his transport, he made his way to see his fiery haired counterpart, He realised that this would be the last time they would see each other for a long time. The last time they would be on the same side.

"Hux." Kylo boomed through his helmet when he arrived at Hux's office.

Hux looked up from the hologram he was inspecting.

"Ren, what do you want."

"I am leaving." Kylo said.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Hux was confused.

"I have to face Snoke and complete my training."

"Oh."

"I just wanted to say farewell, I don't know how long I'll be away."

Hux looked at Kylo and could see something different, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Kylo was never like this towards him. But Hux liked it. He always considered Kylo a friend, despite their differences.

"Well, I hope you do well, my friend." Hux spoke and smiled at him.

Kylo removed his helmet and walked over to Hux and engulfed him in a hug which Hux returned. Kylo hugged a little tighter than he expected himself to. Hux was essentially his best friend and he was betraying him.

"Thank you, Hux. For everything." Kylo said, truly meaning it.

They pulled away from each other and Kylo put on his helmet and walked out of the room.

Now they were enemies.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kylo walked off the transport and it departed behind him. This barren planet he had landed on was a wasteland. Littered with the remains of a civilisation that was once here during the age of the Empire. But he stood before a large mountain. He walked towards it and stuck his hand out, using the force to turn the mountain and reveal an entrance in the rocks. He walked into the darkness and followed his sense to a large room where he was met with a booming voice that came from the shadows.

"Leader of the Knights of Ren. Kylo. You have arrived."

"I am honoured to be in your presence, Supreme Leader Snoke." Kylo kneeled before the man.

Snoke came out of the shadows and the full extent of his body was revealed. He was clothed in his usual black robes, but his body was taller than Kylo expected. He stood at 7 ft tall. Or over.

"Stand."

Kylo obeyed – for one of the last times. He wanted to get this done quickly.

"Are you ready to begin your final test?" Snoke spoke.

Kylo did not answer. But kept his head down.

Snoke became annoyed.

"I asked you a question, I demand that you answer me." He spoke with passive aggressiveness.

"Before anything, Master, I must tell you something important." Kylo said, his head still down.

Snoke sighed and stood up straighter, looking down his nose at Kylo.

"Speak of it, you will."

Kylo looked up slowly and looked at Snoke intently. Sizing him up before speaking.

"I am not going to complete my training, Snoke. I am not making a transition to the Dark Side. I denounce the First Order and I denounce you. I am no longer under your control or command. And you cannot stop me." Kylo managed to speak confidently and he stood up taller, almost chest to chest with Snoke.

Snoke, to Kylo's surprise, smirked.

"I had foreseen you would not be strong enough to carry out this transition."

"You are wrong, Snoke. I am strong. But I am not for the Dark Side and what it stands for. I have seen things. And I no longer want to be involved with the unspeakable acts of the First Order."

Snoke laughed a menacing laugh and turned from Kylo and took several steps as he spoke;

"Well, if that's how you feel. But now, unfortunately, you must die."

It was then, that Snoke launched his frail, skinny body at Kylo with his red saber ignited and aimed it at Kylo's neck. But Kylo was quick to react and blocked the blow with his own saber. Kylo gritted his teeth and he used all his strength to throw Snoke off him. Snoke then used his swordsmanship to strike Kylo again, but he was blocked. Kylo tried his luck at striking the man but he was blocked also. They danced around each other in the ring, sizing each other up.

"You are weak." Snoke taunted.

"That's what you perceive." Kylo fired back.

They lunged at each other again and fought harder. Their blades crashing together loudly. Kylo deflected each strike and it caused Snoke to grow angrier.

"You dare challenge me?!" He boomed

Kylo took another strike, this time hitting Snoke in the arm as his ego distracted him.

Snoke cried out in pain and was indisposed for a few moments, but was soon so angry and lashed at Kylo in the leg, injuring him. Kylo fell to the ground as he gripped his leg in pain. His saber dropped out of his hand, retracted and landed with a thud on the floor next to him. Snoke made his way closer to Kylo and bent down to where he was on the ground.

"You think you can win, Kylo? Do you think you can beat me and even think about getting away with what you've done?"

Kylo was gritted his teeth and looked at Snoke with hatred before saying;

"Yes, I do"

And with that, he grabbed his saber and slashed at Snoke's thigh creating a deep cut in the flesh of the skinny man. Snoke yelped in pain and held his thigh as Kylo mustered up all of strength and force pushed back and into the shadows.

Kylo heard a thud and presumed Snoke had hit a wall. He then used the force to lift loose rock from the ceiling and make them crash down, creating a wall the separated him and Snoke. With Snoke injured, there was no way he could get up and over the wall.

"You'll see! You'll realise your mistake, Ren. And there won't be any way you can fix it." Snoke called out from behind the rock.

Kylo breathed deeply as he tried to stand up from the floor. He held his leg as limped out of the mountain whilst Snoke taunted him as he left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

if you realised what planet i was talking about with the mountain when you're the real mvp and if you don't go and watch star wars: rebels.