X

Kylo woke up that morning happy before remembering that he was being discharged.

He had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, he couldn't wait to leave, he was sick of having to look at the clinically white walls and listen to the electrocardiograph beep endlessly. He also couldn't wait to eat something that didn't taste as disgusting as the food here. But on the other hand, he didn't want to leave. He grew used to Luna popping in, in the mornings, all smiley and glowing, changing his bandages and talking to him. After he was discharged he knew he wouldn't be able to see Luna everyday. He wanted to try and see her, but they would be both so busy, Luna looking after patients and he would be looking for Skywalker and finishing his training.

He sighed. A jumble of feelings; but his mood instantly lifted when he saw the door open and Luna peek her head through the door with a smile on her face. He smiled at her.

"Morning Luna."

"Morning Kylo"

Luna placed the dark robes she was carrying on the foot of the bed and then placed his sinister helmet on top. The contrast of the black and white was burning his eyes.

"I brought you your robes and helmet, like General Hux said I would." She smiled.

"Great."

Luna walked over to him.

"Do you need some help getting out of bed?"

Kylo looked at her out stretched arms, ready to gently guide him out of the be if he needed. Kylo felt strong enough to get out by himself, but he thought about the soft feeling of her fingers on his arm and said;

"Yes, please"

Kylo pulled off the blanket and swung his legs out one by one, slowly. Luna was at his side and ready, already holding onto his arm. As he slid off the bed, Luna moved one of her hands so it held the one of Kylo's hands and then moving her other one his upper arm. It was to help steady him but she couldn't ignore the warmth of his skin. Kylo was standing now, he wobbled slightly, not having moved this much in days. Now they could see height difference. Kylo towered over Luna; he was over 6 feet tall - 6'3" as Kylo remembered from his Jedi File. Luna was a mere 5'7".

"All good?"

"Yeah"

Luna let go of him slowly, to make sure he didn't topple over.

"I'll need to do a quick check up then I'll leave you to get changed."

Luna checked his heart beat, temperature as well as the wound on his side & shoulder before peering up in her tippy toes to inspect the wound on his face. Kylo could see she was struggling. He bent down so that they were almost eye level, Luna blushed at the proximity but checked the wound, placing some ointment on top before moving away.

"I'll let you get dressed, knock on the door when you're ready and I'll come back in. Let me know if you need any help."

"Ok"

She left and Kylo walked over slowly to the robes, staring at them. He wasn't ready to go back to being someone he wasn't. He dressed slowly, wanting to elongate the time spent here. He left his helmet off and knocked for Luna to come back in.