I

Luna was busy. She was working the front desk and tending to a variety of patients in Ward D, all whilst having the weight of the responsibility for caring for the First Order's major leader in the back of her mind. He had been out for 3 days, but every half hour Luna would check up on him. He was her top priority.

Luna finished attending to a wounded trooper before making her way swiftly to the private room of Kylo Ren. She pulled out the key card and swiped her entry. She stepped into the room to see the familiar environment that had remained unchanged for the past 3 days. Luna checked his vitals, making sure the drip had a sufficient supply. She looked at him, his eyes had remained closed during the past 3 days. She studied what was uncovered of his face before taking a hand gingerly to his hair and giving it a soft stroke before moving to his side to begin changing his bandages.

Before her soft fingers touched the cloth she heard an audible gasp, her head shot up to see him awake, his mouth gaping open and eyes wide. She rushed to the top of the bed.

"Lord Ren" she spoke, her voice had a slight shake. He turned his head to her, startled. He tried to move but winced as the pain in his side intensified.

"Don't move around too much, you'll burst your stitches and experience intense pain" she spoke, a soft hand placed on the covered wound.

"Who are you? Where am I? What's going on?" he asked looking around the room, searching the sterile white walls for answers.

"Lord Ren, you are on a First Order cruiser, you sustained serious injuries on Starkiller Base, you've had surgery and you're now in the medical centre on board."

"Why can't I see properly?"

"You sustained injuries on your face, your vision is obscured by the bandage"

Kylo looked at her, eyes wide. He studied her face. Her skin was smooth, fair, so fair she glowed under the strobe lighting of the medical centre. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, the dark curls rested on her shoulder. Eyes were a mix of blue and green.

"What is your name?"

"L-Luna, my name is Luna, I am your nurse."

Luna looked at Kylo's eyes for the first time, they were an intense hazel. There was silence between them for a several beats before Luna spoke up.

"I need to change your bandages so the wounds don't get infected."

Kylo nodded.

"I need you to sit up,"

Kylo, as stubborn as he is, tried to sit up himself, getting a quarter of the way up before crying out in pain and returning to his former position.

"Let me help you" she eased softly.

Luna moved one of her hands so it rested on his pillow, Kylo lifted his head and she was able slide her hand underneath him, supporting him as he moved. He groaned and whimpered in pain as he sat up, breathing in relief once he was.

Luna blushed, "um, I need to remove your gown, it might hurt again"

Kylo was obedient and removed his gown, grunting. Luna helped where she could. His arms flopped forward once it was off, exhausted by the small movement, he was still so weak.

Luna gave a small thanks before she got to work and slowly removed the bandage on his torso and cleaning the stitches and placing clean cloth on it before moving to the wounds on his arm and shoulder. This was done in complete silence.

"How long have I been out for?" Kylo broke the silence with his hoarse voice.

"3 days" Luna answered.

Kylo sighed. His skin was getting cold without his gown. He tried to ignore the soft feeling of Luna's fingers on his skin as she nimbly changed the bandages.

"Why are we on a cruiser and not on the Starkiller" Kylo asked.

"The Resistance destroyed Starkiller Base. You were lucky to escape."

Luna moved to the bandage on his face, he looked into her eyes and she slowly pealed back the bandage, cleaned it and replaced it. She looked into his eyes briefly, but their intense gazed caused her to avoid lingering on their enticing colour.

"What do you mean they destroyed it? It's a planet, they wouldn't have had the resources to scale an attack of that magnitude..." Kylo was puzzled. Luna helped him back into his scrubs.

"I was informed that Resistance pilots targeted a thermal oscillator, damaging it severely with the help of explosives. This caused the planet to implode." Luna told him. Suddenly it occurred to her that maybe he shouldn't be telling him this when he had only woken minutes ago, his condition is still fragile.

"My father-"

"You need to rest" Luna cut him off and help ease him back down. "I will inform General Hux you are awake."

Kylo nodded and studied her. Luna averted her eyes.

"He will come and see you. If you need me, press the yellow button on the remote, I'll come at once."

Kylo nodded again, and reached for the remote, unable to grasp it, Luna placed it in his hand and curled his fingers around the device.

"I'll be back later with some soup, okay?"

"Okay" Kylo breathed, his eyes closing again.

Luna made her way to the door and opened it, the chatter and noise from the hallway entering the room. She looked back to see his eyes closed and fingers clutching the remote. She closed the door behind her.