XI

Kylo walked with purpose through the cruiser as he followed a mouse droid to the room where he was would meet with the hologram version of Supreme Leader Snoke.

He usually wasn't too nervous when meeting with him but this time he was filled with small jitters. He hadn't spoken to him in a while and Kylo had since changed slightly - he was happy and it was all because of Luna.

He arrived and the door slid open to reveal a large room but smaller than what was on the Starkiller base. A walkway led to an open space which he presumed Snoke would be projected. The room was dimly lit. He walked forward until the end of the walkway, the sound of his boots hitting the floor echoed throughout the room. He stopped and a slight static appeared as the projection started; Snoke's menacing image soon coming to life, the hologram projection made him look like a giant and it was one of the only times Kylo felt small and insignificant.

Kylo wasn't entirely sure what Snoke was. He assumed he was a man - a man that was severely disfigured with a ghastly hollow gash running down his head and his mouth was tapered on the sides. Small sunken eyes and a near non-existent nose. His hands looked as those they had been broken but had not healed properly.

"Kylo; Knight of Ren"

Snoke's deep and raspy voice boomed and echoed through the room, hitting Kylo and making him stand up a little straighter.

"Supreme Leader Snoke."

"You have healed."

"Yes, I'm still on the way to recovery."

"Have you begun to finish your training?"

"No, but I will be."

"Very well."

There was a silence.

"There has been an awakening."

"Yes, the girl."

"The girl. She has already begun her training with Skywalker. You must find them and destroy them before they pose a real threat to you and the Order."

"Of course, Supreme Leader Snoke. But the girl is strong. I will need your guidance"

Snoke did not answer but instead leant forward and scowled at him.

"The Light. It is within you."

Kylo froze. The Light?

"It has grown, it has begun to consume you"

Kylo began to panic.

"A girl. That girl. Your nurse."

Kylo's head shot up. Luna.

"You have a connection with her."

Kylo didn't answer.

"Ah yes," his voice was thick with menace. "she is good. Pure. She has planted a seed of goodness in you Ren."

Kylo didn't react or respond.

"This is dangerous Ren. She is endangering your transition into the Dark Side. This connection of Light and Purity and Goodness must be terminated."

Kylo did not want to be filled with The Light. He resented it. He has done everything he could to exterminate the pull he feels. He slaughtered his friends. He has slaughtered the innocent. He killed his own father.

"You must be cautious Ren, you cannot let The Light consume you. If you want to remain loyal to The Dark, you must end this with the girl."

Kylo did want to be loyal to The Dark. But he liked Luna. He did not like to be away from her. Even now, not being with her - his heart ached. But his ambition was stronger. 

"I will do what is right. I will distance myself from the girl."

Snoke sat back.

"Indeed you will. Go. Finish your training. There is a lot to come."

"Yes Supreme Leader Snoke."

Snoke fizzled away and Kylo was left standing by himself in the dark empty room.

He needed to pull himself together. This was a silly crush. He would distance himself from Luna to continue his path to The Dark Side.

He walked out of the room and towards his training space. He pulled out his lightsaber and ignited it once he was inside. He slashed at the walls. Angry. Angry at himself for letting The Light slip into him. He slashed dummies and punching bags, their beads spilling over the floor. He screamed and punched the wall, leaving a dent and his hand throbbing, he could feel the blood trickling down his gloves. He threw his lightsaber down and took off his helmet. Throwing it away. It made a clunking noise from the far side of the room. He rakes his hands through his hair and took a deep breath. He looked at his reflection in the mirror that covered an entire wall in the room. The straight wound that went across his face was inflamed and was a parallel of how he was feeling.  He took a deep breath again and remain composure, he changed his face so it was emotionless - all feeling melting away. He stopped feeling so a numbing pain could take over. He then put his helmet on and leaving the room. He had no time for emotions.