IX

Luna came into the room with a tray of food, this time it was "meatloaf".

"Hi Luna"

"Hi Kylo"

She placed the tray onto the table and rolled it over to the bed. She uncovered the meal and Kylo leaned to sniff the aroma before wrinkling his nose and looking quizzically up at Luna.

"It's meatloaf." She said.

"Right." He dug in anyway.

Luna watched him eat, but not in a way that was creepy, it was almost endearing. Admiration. She found it amusing when he'd screw up his face in disgust as he took each mouthful. She walked to the other side of the bed, the side where the table wasn't an obstruction.

"I have some good news for you."

Kylo looked up his mouth full, he swallowed quickly.

"What?"

"You can leave tomorrow."

Kylo's face faltered but he quickly recovered with a grin.

"Excellent, no more of this dreadful hospital food."

Luna laughed lightly. Kylo had begun to say something, but Luna's com link beeped.

"Sorry, if you'll excuse me, I'll be right back."

Luna left the room and made her way to the front desk, getting slightly startled when she saw the tall fiery headed man dressed in military grey standing at the desk.

"General Hux."

His head snapped towards her. She flinched.

"Nurse Luna." He made his way over to her.

"I'm here to see Lord Ren as his discharge is to take place in the morning"

"Of course, General."

She lead him to the room. She swiped and she opened the door to let Hux in first.

"Lord Ren."

Kylo stiffened, suddenly rigid with the military figure now present within the room.

"General Hux."

"You look much better."

"Thanks Huxy"

Luna smiled. Hux glared.

"I'm aware that you will be discharged in the morning, is that correct?"

"Yes."

"Good, you'll be commencing your duties straight away Ren, the first of which is to discover the location of Skywalker and the girl. Of course you will also be required to train during the day as well as attend a brief hearing with Supreme Leader Snoke."

Kylo's face remained stony. He nodded. Hux continued.

"As well as completing those orders of business, tomorrow night there will be a banquet with all the Superior Officers of the First Order. You'll be required to attend."