XXIII

Luna barely had any time to adjust her eyes to the artificial light that streamed into the room before she had to throw the covers off herself, run to the adjacent bathroom and stick her head in the bowl of the toilet and empty her stomach. She shivered on the cool floor as she wiped her mouth with a tissue and flushed the toilet.

Luna sat, and furrowed her eyebrows. She was confused. She nearly never got sick. She looked at the time and it read 6:39am. It was morning. Luna gasped and immediately got up from the floor and ran to look in her diary; she flipped back a few weeks and saw that she was 2 weeks late. She was never late. Luna placed a hand over her mouth and silently thanked the force that Kylo was not with her this morning. She couldn't believe it. She was almost certain but knew she would have to take a test at the medical centre to be sure.

Luna closed her diary and shoved it in a draw before locating her scrubs and putting them on before walking swiftly to the medical centre. She walked in as greeted by Sibyl.

"Mornin', Luna." She chimed, happily.

"Hi, Sibyl." Luna replied, preoccupied.

Sibyl frowned. "Is everything ok?"

"Hmm? What? Yeah I'm all good. I, uh, I need to do something before I start my shift I'll be back soon."

Luna didn't wait for he reply and made her way to one of the wards on the far side of the centre. It was nearly always empty as it was reserved for trauma patients and seeing as though they hardly ever received any, she would not be disturbed.

She would need to check her blood for hCG - the hormone related to pregnancy. She prepped her arm and the needle before extracting some blood and using the advanced technology on the cruiser to analyse the blood. She waited 10 agonising minutes as the technology analysed her blood. She paced back and forth, her hand subconsciously placed on her abdominal region. She heard the ping and raced to the monitor. Tears appeared in her eyes and she read the results.

~*~*~*~

Kylo was focused. He pounded the punching bag with everything he had. His whole body behind the punch as he grunted with the stinging pain of his knuckles. He stopped and held the bag so it was steady as he caught his breath. He walked over to the table and unstrapped one of his gloves with his teeth before taking off the other. He placed them down and begun strapping his knuckles. He has nearly finished his left hand when he heard the door to his training room burst open. He turned and was surprised to see is beloved running towards him.

Kylo caught her as she jumped into his arms.

"Woah, easy there!"

Luna gripped onto Kylo tighter than she ever intended. Being in his arms comforted her. Soothed her. She was worried on how he would take the news. But she was excited.

"I have some news for you. Luna whispered in his ear before slowly detaching herself from him.

"What is it?"

"Something wonderful has happened."

"Tell me." Her energy was infectious and Kylo couldn't help but smile at her.

Luna could not contain her smile. She grinned.

"Kylo, I'm pregnant."

Kylo's world stilled. Nothing moved. There was no sound - only the beating of his heart that accelerated in panic. A child? His child? Kylo took in a sharp breath as he came to the sudden realisation.

He was in too deep.

This is what Snoke had warned him about. The Light. It was in him and it made him foolish. He stupidly grew feelings for this, this girl and he was now stuck. What had he done? This is not what he wanted. He wanted to join the dark side and become the most powerful being in the entire galaxy. He had to cease this. Now. He suddenly decided he would no longer see this girl nor harbor any feelings for her.

Kylo snapped out of his rapture and looked at Luna who's hands were clasped around his own. He looked down at their hands and began to pry Luna's grip off them and abruptly placing his hands at his sides.

Luna's face dropped. "Kylo?"

Kylo's mouth opened but nothing came out until he found his voice. It cracked so he cleared his throat. "I have to leave immediately."

Kylo walked to the other side of the room and begun to put his robes and his placed his helmet on. He did not look at her as he left the room.

She, however, watched his every move. Her face was in a state of horror, shock and disappointment. And grief. Tears formed in her eyes and slowly spilled over her cheeks as she watched him leave the room without another word.

For this was the first time in the period they have known each other, that Kylo was the one to walk away from her. She thought he would want this. She thought that he would want to raise this child with her. She thought he had changed. She thought she had changed him.

And it was also the first time, that she was unsure on whether she would would see him again.

And it broke her.

~*~*~*~

Kylo walked in a kneeled before the enlarged hologram.

"Supreme Leader Snoke"

"Master of the Knights of Ren, why have you urgently summoned a hearing with me?"

Kylo looked up through the infra red of his helmet at the grotesque man seated before him.

"Lord, I have been foolish. I became run away with my feelings and gave into the Light. You were right about the girl and have consequently severed all acquaintance. I should have known better, my master."

Snoke sat back in his chair, a small smirk formed on his tapered lips. He was satisfied. The boy had indeed, ironically, seen the light. He had foreseen Kylo's next declaration.

"And what do you seek now, Ren?"

Kylo closed his eyes and bowed his head again.

"I vow that from this day forth I shall be and for evermore loyal to you, my master, and the Dark Side. Help me to never again stray from your teachings."

Snoke smiled a sadistic grin.

"Thank you for your vow, Ren. I know you will see it through"