XIX

Luna paced up and down her cell. She was getting restless. Being cooped up was making her anxious - sure she'd been trapped on the cruiser, but she could walk around and had patients to keep her busy. Here she was alone and bored. It was mostly silent apart from the occasional buzz of the lights above her. She wanted to get out.

She heard footsteps and looked to see Poe walking towards the cell.

It was strange seeing him, here. She hadn't seen him since she was sixteen and so much had changed. She really couldn't believe it.

"Hi Luna."

"Hey Poe."

She was still not used to calling him Poe. She understood why he changed it though. New life. New beginning. New name. But it wasn't a new Pollux. After talking for hours the other night Luna could see he was the same person. The same person who understood her and made her laugh hysterically.

"Are you ready to go see General Organa?"

"I guess so."

Poe unlocked the door and Luna stepped out of the cell. She smiled and walked with Poe down the corridor, footsteps echoing. Once they entered the main area, Luna was overwhelmed with the bustling, loud environment – filled with Resistance fighters. It was so different to the First Order. Everything was controlled and you couldn't one step out of line without being punished for it. Everything in the First Order was also dull. Colourless. A clinical monotone colour scheme that left your eyes stinging. Here, everything was the complete opposite. Lively and real. Earthy tones mixed in together to create a raw but organised environment.

People gave her strange looks. They knew who she was and where she came from. Who she worked for and what she stood for. She was so out of place here. Her white conforming uniform standing for something that everyone around her hated and wanted to destroy. And next to Poe – dressed in his orange jumpsuit which complimented his olive skin and dark hair; the poster boy of the Resistance, together they were an extreme juxtaposition which was hard to look away from.

"General Organa is in this room." Poe told her.

He knocked on the door and a voice from inside called and Poe opened the door and gestured Luna inside. She stepped in and was met with a short woman, brown-grey hair styled and pulled back from her aged face. She was dressed simply, in boots, pants and a long sleeved top covered with a vest – all earthy tones again. She looked motherly but stern. She looked a leader. A force to be reckoned with. But also gentle.

"Luna. I've heard a lot about you."

"I wish I could say the same."

"Poe, leave us. Please."

Poe nodded and sent Luna a small smile before exiting the room, the door clicking softly shut.

"I don't know if I can help you, General."

"I know. Have a seat." She smiled and gestured to the chair in front of her.

"What do you want to know?" Luna asked as she sat down.

"Anything. But what I want to know if we have a chance against the First Order." She sat too.

Luna thought for a moment.

"I know you may feel loyal to the First Order but I know you're also loyal to Poe – he's told me that you've always had his back so anything you can tell us will be appreciated."

"What else has he told you?"

General Organa sat back. "A great deal. He's told me what a beautiful soul you are. He holds you in quite high regard. He says you always see the good in people and always want to help others, even if that means putting yourself and your needs to the side to do so. He hates himself for leaving you. But you know why he did"