2: Partners

First period

First period. Well, thank God I have Sulli and Mark, or I'd loose my mind.
I look around for the little dimsum boy and spot him in the back corner sitting on the desk behind his talking to Jinyoung, or Jr. by his friends.
"Morkie-Mork!"
He outwardly groans. "Whaaaaat?"
I chuckle.
"Come on, do you gotta combine the two nicknames I can't stand?"
"Yup," I say, popping the "p."
He groans again.
"Dimsum-ah, where's my hug?"
"You don't get one cuz you're mean."
I pout at him. Mark tries not to give in, but he eventually reaches over the table and envelopes me in his long arms accompanied by an exaggerated eyes roll.
"Yay!" I hop over the table and sit next to him after he let's me go.
"You two have the strangest relationship, I swear," Jr. says looking at us with his judgmental eyes.
"Whatever, Park Jinyoung." Mark sticks his tongue out at him and Jr. does the same.
"Hey, children, I ran into your little fuckball leader coming to class."
Jr. sighs. "What'd he do now?"
"Flirted with my cousin, insulted me, and just tried to drive me nuts."
"Sooo... the norm?"
"Pretty much, yeah."
Mark nods, "nice."
The bell cuts us short, so I spin around on the table and plop into my seat. Just as I settle in, Jackson and his crew strut in like a bunch of imbeciles (except for JB. He's more of a pad-er. Like a cat).
Just as that thought crossed my mind, he takes his seat next to me.
"Hi."
"Hi."
"Good morning, class." Mr. Goldfedder walks in with his cup of coffee and binder, and almost immediately starts up the lesson.
As he's speaking, JB leans over in his chair; "Sorry 'bout Jackson this morning. Some chick screwed him over last night at the party. He's not too pleased at the moment. Hasn't been since 2:00 this morning."
"Serves him right."
JB snickers at my comment.

With 5 mins to spare at the end of the class period, we all expect to just talk to each other like normal, but when the chatter starts, it's almost completely abolished within the first 2.3 seconds.
"Now ladies and gentlemen, here's the list of partners for the new semester. I'll post them on the door right now, so check them out after class." He takes a piece of tape and the highly anticipated sheet of paper and tapes it to the wall outside the door.
JB turns around to face me again. "Well, it was nice workin with ya, partner."
"Ditto, partner." I hold out my hand mockingly. He chuckles and shakes it firmly.
At that the bell rings and everyone rushes to the door. Me, on the other hand, I take my time. I don't want to find out who my partner is, because I'm pretty content with the one I have. He's focused, cool, and gets his work done. But most importantly, he's not obnoxiously arrogant and/or rude.
Just as everyone starts to clear out, I make my way from the inside of the class to the door.
Might as well just get it over with, right?
Breathe in...
Breathe out...
I round the corner, stop at the paper, find my name, and almost puke.

Luna Jun..... Jackson Wang.