World War III - Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"Can I help you?" a voice I could recognize from a mile away asked.

I looked up and came face to face with Ethan. His eyes had traces of red, and they looked puffy. Nawww, he had been crying, I said to myself. I didn't think it was weird when boys cried. They were humans too and they had to get their emotions out as well.

His face was very close to mine and he studied me intently. I looked down, glad I was wearing glasses, a beanie, and had a scarf tightly wrapped around my neck.

I cleared my throat and put on a fake American accent. "No, I just found this on the ground and was going to give it to the police station," I lied.

"Oh, well, thank you, but it's mine. I came back for it once I realized I forgot it."

"No problem. I guess I'll go now." I handed him the wallet and turned around. He grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, aren't you the girl who was with Zaiden Stuart before?" he asked.

It was times like these where I wished I could swear.

"Yeah, that was me. Now, please excuse me. I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around," I lied.

"Doubt it. I'm going back to Miami tomorrow night," he replied.

"Oh, well, then it was nice talking to you."

"Are you sure we've never met before?"

"Yes, I am. I have never seen you before today." Gosh, I was lying so much lately.

I quickly walked away and got out of the gates just in time to see Ethan speed away in his car. I put a hand on my forehead. I looked across the road and saw a familiar man sitting on a bench. He had dark hair and was wearing black glasses. He had a brown coat on and was staring at me. He looked like the same man I had seen earlier at the hotel. I couldn't stop staring at him. Something about him was so enticing. After a couple of more minutes, I started to walk away. Before I turned the corner I looked back again, but the man was gone.

I walked towards the hotel and reached it after around three hours. It was almost dark. Using the back door, I went into the hotel and up to my room. I used my key card to open the door and once I was inside, my mum came rushing to my side.

"Where have you been? I was worried sick! Don't you ever think about me?"

"I told you I was with Zaiden."

"I thought he would drop you off at the hotel. I didn't know you two would just disappear."

"He offered me a ride, but I refused. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to my room," I said through gritted teeth.

"Fine. We're leaving on Saturday morning. You have tomorrow if you want to go sightseeing!" she yelled after me.

I didn't bother replying. I knew why Ethan was in London: to visit his mother's grave. That was so sweet. Adele Tizzard was her name. Adele Tizzard: it had a certain ring to it - not that I was interested. I was just saying his mother's name. Why was thinking about Ethan so much? He was just an arrogant, conceited player who only wanted girls for one thing. So what if he had a sensitive side somewhere deep down? I was not attracted to him at all! According to him, I was an ugly alien from Neptune. I wanted Ethan to tell me why he was in London even though I already knew. I had to ask him on MSN, but I had to take a professional approach. I knew just what to do. I signed in and waited for an hour until he came on. I didn't necessarily wait for him. I was also talking to my other friends. So, there! He was not special because I was not specifically waiting for him.

I double clicked his name and the conversation box came up. Be professional, be cool be calm, and do it right, I told myself. I had to have a strategy if I wanted him to admit the reason why he was in London.