World War III - Chapter 18

OMG OMG OMG!

I got more than 300 votes on the first chapter of this and I was like over the moon.

That's why I posted this extra quick, and all in one sitting for you guys.

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 18

*Ebony*

"Zaiden?" I practically shouted in a questioning way.

"Oh, I see you know my name," he said. "Nice to meet you, Ebony." He extended his hand for me to shake. I was too busy gaping at him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked as he put his hand back to his side. I closed my mouth and shook my head in disbelief.

"This is not happening! This is not happening! This is not happening!" I chanted loudly.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, my gosh, Zaiden!" I slapped my hand over my forehead over and over again.

"Wait....Adele?"

I looked at him. He figured it out. His eyes were huge with disbelief and his mouth was hanging open. Play dumb, play dumb, I said to myself.

"Adele? Sorry, I don't know who you're talking about," I said, totally forgetting about changing my voice or accent. Smooth, I thought.

"Oh, my gosh! It is you!" he said as he pointed his finger at me and took a couple of steps back. My eyes wandered around the room and everybody was staring at us.

"Of course it's me. I'm just a person. No need to overreact," I said loudly, hoping everybody heard and went back to their business.

Zaiden took a deep breath, then stepped closer to me.

"You're living a double life?" he whispered.

"Yeah, but I swear it's not like Hannah Montana."

"So, Adele, you're Ebony too?" He cocked a brow. Gosh, he looked so perfect.

"Yes."

"Oh, what sweethearts! Andale, andale! I don't have all day, people!" the stuck up photographer shouted.

Zaid looked at me. "Let's go out after the shoot, then you can explain everything."

I nodded and smiled. He smiled back, but I could see a hint of betrayal in his eyes. The shoot lasted for only 15 minutes. It took me another 30 minutes to get the makeup off and change back into my clothes. I wore simple, grey suit pants with a black, knee-length coat. I wore black sunnies with a grey scarf wrapped around my neck. To top it all off, I put on a black beanie over my dark hair. My lips shimmered with clear lip gloss, and my cheeks were a natural pink colour.

I stepped out of the changing room and saw Zaiden waiting patiently. I grabbed my black handbag and joined him.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Let's just go for a walk," he replied. I nodded and we walked to the back door.

"Does your Mum know you'll be with me?" he asked.

"Yeah, I told her. She wanted Sam and Liam to come too, but I said I'd be fine."

"All right then, let's go," he said as he pushed the doors open. The chilly weather was nice and refreshing. I loved London weather. I dug my hands deeper into my pockets.

We walked silently for a couple of minutes until Zaiden spoke up.

"When were you planning on telling us?" he asked.