Chapter 21: A peice of paper

Two months, two weeks, and three days. That is how long Mark has been in a comatose state. One month, three weeks, six days. That is how long Shane has been taken. One week, three days, six hours. That is how long it has been since I made a second attempt on my life. Do not tell my mom she would give me a good whoop-ass if she knew I regressed.

Being a parent...well, is not easy and without Shane, it is ten times harder. Call me a wimp but for a moment I believed that they were better off without me and my misery. I sucked at being a full time parent. How does my mother do it? How did Shane do it? Maybe it was a mother thing. They make it look so easy. They always know what to do and how to do it. I understand why women are the ones to carry babies. I would have pulled all my hair out if my belly kept swelling for nine months.

The police claim if Shane was not found within the next six months she would either be dead or based on their theory; which revolves around it not being a kidnapping, that she ran off with him. I did not believe it, that letter could not have been planted and she would have taken the twins as well. Did they also plant the blood in the bathroom and the bruises on my kids?The police were only interested in not helping. Shane cried in my arms over all the things he had done to her. It took every nerve in my body and hers not to hunt him down and kill him. Who in their right mind would hurt a vessel of beauty and love like Shane? I should have gone after him, then we would not be in this mess. The case is still ongoing but they are not doing shit to find her.

"Jared."

I turn around to face Angelica. Her stomach was larger. She looked just about ready to pop. I do not know why I called her here. Talking to her is not something I would choose but since our last encounter I have not seen or talked to her but I have to apologize. "Hi, Angelica."

"You look good."

"Thanks." I would say the same for her but given the circumstances, it might not be the truth. Maybe it is just me but her pregnancy does not suit her. I swear it looks like a large ball was uncomfortably attached to her belly.

"Sit down." She takes a seat and rubs her belly making me feel a little uneasy. I should have just done this over the phone. 

I push the feeling away and begin. "What happened last time, I'm sorry... I was not trying to hurt you like that."

"Coulda fooled me, what if you had hit me or something?" She snorted.

"I didn't aim for you Angie, nothing would have happened you just really pissed me off with your bullshit."

"We coulda avoided all of this, if we were still together."

I take a breath. My therapist suggested that I find ways to resolve my issues with people. "Angelica I called you here to apologize don't make me change my mind."

"But it's the truth, Jay..." She stops herself when I start glaring at her. "Sorry... Uhm... So.. do you wanna know the due date... So you could be there?"

Let me think. Hell no. That shit is for couples. I am not putting myself into that kind of drama period.