Chapter 11: she's Mine

The food is great and when I say great I mean it. I end up stealing two plates before the dinner rehearsal even starts. The perks of being the groom's nephew and dance teacher. If lady Tulla sees me I am dead meat but you do not just put me in a building with food and expect me not to eat.I hope they have these chocolate cheesecakes at the reception I have had about six slices and they are delightful.

"If you don't stop there won't be any for the other guests."I

 look at Christi and shrug. "Meh, give em breadsticks."

She laughs while helping herself to a slice. "Mmmm." She moans rolling her eyes to the back of her head. "scratch that we won't be serving any of this to anyone else."

"In that case, I'll take two.

"She laughs taking another bite of the cheesecake. "So, you're the rude boy who named my niece Shane. Why didn't you tell me it was you?"

I start laughing at the memory. I was seven when I met Shane. I had a hard time pronouncing Shanaé so I decided to call her Shane. She hated it. She used to throw anything in her hand at me to make me stop. One time she threw her pudding cup at me. I ate it and it was delicious. That had crossed her even more.The truth is I kept on calling her Shane just to annoy her. By the time I had learned her name everyone was calling her Shane and she had gotten used to it.

"She called me rude?"

"She said your name was dumb rude boy."

I burst out laughing and drop my cheesecake. She thought calling me a dumb rude boy would make me stop calling her Shane. I had laughed so hard at her when she first called me that. She threw a fit and wanted the teacher to put me out of class

."Then we became best friends, even though she hated my guts."

"I don't think she's ever hated you."

If she knew what I did she would not be saying that. Speaking of Shane where the heck is she? I have not seen her since I arrived. I know she is here because I got a glimpse of her betrothed sir Eric, Duke of assholes. She will surely love this cheesecake.

"Why would ya say that?"

"She's never said or shown it. I always thought you two would end up together. I heard countless stories of you two being stuck on each other.

"Did everyone but Shane think that? "We used to be."

The kitchen door opens and felix steps in."Chris honey, it's time to start. Tulla is going nuts out there."

Chris starts grinning and waving the remains of her cheesecake at Felix. 

"Want a slice?"

******

The dinner does not take long. Or maybe that is because I found myself sleeping through it. I Remember lady Tulla ordering us around then opening my eyes to the final toast. Eric and Shane were sitting across from me and I had to close my eyes to stop myself from going over there and causing a scene. I hated seeing him next to her. It should be me and only me.I make my way to the bar. Still can't get any alcohol but I can have the 3% wine. It is no use saying there is any alcohol all I taste is the sour fruit juice. After two glasses the bartender leaves me with the bottle and runs off to the backroom with his girlfriend. Young love.

"You fixed my car yet?"

I look at Eric. "You pay for the new parts yet?"

"I should have known, that ridiculous shop is too rundown to fix such a classy car."

Now, why is Mr suit and tie trying to get under my skin? I have hardly seen him since he got here and my tolerance for him has dropped. What kind of husband is he? I never see him around Shane. Who wouldn't want to be next to her twenty-four seven?I narrow my eyes at him. "Now I know you didn't come here to talk about your stupid car."