Chapter 7: Stupid Stupid Destiny

A bright flurry of Light breaks through my closed eyelids. I do not know why this is happening because my curtains are all supposes to be closed. I groan and roll over on my back. Someone has been in my room, again! I open my eyes to find my curtains drawn back.One day I will paint all of my damn Windows black. Then they will understand how much I hate it when they do that. I bet it was mom. She knows I can never sleep when there is all this light screaming in my face. She loves to make me suffer and since our fights well, things are still not going so well between us.

I sit up rubbing my eyes, tired as ever. A few minutes later I spot a large body bag on my chair. Weird. I do not recall murdering anyone last night. I pick it up and unzip it to reveal a tuxedo. Thank heavens. A dead body will be really hard to get by with my mom in the house. I put it back curious to know what it was for? Maybe In my sleep, I planned to dress up like James Bond and off a certain suit-wearing snob. I did research ways to kill him before I went to sleep. It is to save Shane and nothing else. Something is off with that prick and I am gonna expose him for it. It would not hurt to win Shane in the process I mean the only guy for her is me so win-win.My maniacal thought bubble bursts when laughter from downstairs reaches my ears. I head towards it and spot Jordan in the living room alone. Wait am I hearing things? This is not good at all.

"Hey Jordan, where's mom?" I ask.

"You're up early." He retorts with a smirk.

I knew it was mom. I yawn. "Yeah, What's with the tux?"

"Well, I'd hate to see you in jeans on my wedding day."

Okay, a wedding better fits the reason for the tuxedo in my room. I look at the owner of the voice entering the living room. It was Felix. Jordan's younger brother. I would call him uncle but hey, I do not go around calling Jordan dad.

"I'll sit in the back."

He chuckles and shakes his hands. "That just won't do, I need all my groomsmen to look sharp."

I grinned. "Who's the lucky girl?"

Another set of footsteps approach and this time she clears her throat. "That's woman to you Mr."

I turn around and my jaws drop, standing in front of me was Christi Ashton. Holy smokes. It has been ages since I last saw her. She was right about woman. I thought she was the hottest thing on earth when she was my babysitter. My, my, how she has blossomed. She gaps at me.

"Chris."

"Oh my gosh, Jay Jay?" She beams with a smile of sunshine.

I open my arms for her and she hugs me. It feels like hugging a giant marshmallow she always did have great breasts. Felix, you are one lucky man.

Felix and Jordan exchange glances. "Wait, you two know each other?" Jordan questions."We were neighbors for five years. I used to babysit him and his cousins."

"Small world," Jordan remarks.

"It sure is, oh, and look at how handsome you've become. How old are you now?" Christi chimes.

"Eighteen."

She gasps in excitement. "Great, babe we can pair him up with my niece."

I grin. "As long as she's hot."

****

I never knew weddings came with so much preparation. Or that everything has to be rehearsed. It is an absolute drag. Believe me. The rehearsal dancing and walking, the practice vows, the practice dinners. The practice speeches. The only thing here I am looking forward to is the rehearsal dinner. Things are always better when food is involved. The speeches not so much. Just hearing about them makes my stomach churn. Who wants to hear the bride and groom gloat about how perfect their love is?